WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

The final samples haven’t even arrived yet it seems, and depending on if they are working as they should or not, I’m guessing we’re at least a few weeks from production even starting (unless they start before the samples have been accepted, which wouldn’t be the first time I think), so we’ll be over 500 well ahead of that I guess.

Keep us posted on this aspect. I don’t want to reward bad behavior.
Been done, that there. Don’t be fooled again.

Thanks for the info. I was hoping that since we will invariably arrive at the goal of 500, that maybe the processes would already begin.

It is my understanding 500 are needed, but I am not organizing this :wink:

Yeah, you are correct, but I think it is a foregone conclusion that we will get 500 so it would be nice to get production rolling; I am anxious for a new light :smiley:

Will these batteries be ok to use in this light ? Basen IMR 26650 4500mah ENDED
Thanks

It would be nicer to know for sure they’ve got it entirely right before they start, because we know they won’t stop to correct anything, if they’ve missed some little detail.
The lesson from past group buys seems to be that the eagerness to get it going leads people not to carefully double check everything, even the things that got fixed earlier, to make sure everything stayed fixed all the way to the production line. Samples get improved or not — the test is whether the actual production gets all the improvements up to date.
Including the code as well as the hardware.

But you know all that. No point repeating it.

Agreed! When I said “get production rolling” I meant the processes of production which of course, begins with all you stated here. I am anxious but anxious for a quality light as is everyone I am sure.

I’m a flashlight noob . I saw a guy with a ecig explode in his pocket. Is his possible/probable with this light? Would a protected battery protect against this?

so the sample is not arrived yet?

If you are new to rechargeable batteries, take a look here - Rechargeable battery safety

If it was that recent event the guy reportedly had loose liion cell(s) in his pocket along with his keys… Don’t do that.

Yes, they seem to be fine for this ‘project’; got mine from the GB here on the forum after a short week from banggood! They are charging now :smiley:

Yes +1
This flashlight will shut itself down when voltage gets too low

Thanks for that, ordered some !

I’m in for a CW.

Also, only use good-quality cells. If the brand has “fire” in the name, it’s probably not worth buying no matter what the product specs say. Only use cells which have good reviews from reputable reviewers, and only when sourced from reputable shops.

(the only “fire” exception I can think of right now is the WindyFire 14500 cell, which gets good reviews, but that’s irrelevant for this 26650-cell light)

Thorfire cells seem promising too
Bella-Headlight just received two and the first tests showed low internal resistance and more mAh then advertised.

Yes I think that the Thorfire cells are also an exception to the usual *FIRE rubbish.
I can vouch for their 14500, 3000 mah 18650 & 26650 cells.
I have no experience of their 2200mah 18650 & as it is capacity I am unlikely ever to buy I am unlikely to ever be able to comment on it.
I think Thorfire have caused themselves a problem by choosing a name with fire at the end of it as it is automatically assumed to be no good by way of association even though we are well aware on this forum that their lights are very good

sample and final product are always a different story at banggood