WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

Can it be blank without engraved

Since "we" are not running the group buy, that is more of a question for Cyberescudo.

I would have to ask: Why not have their stuff engraved? If it were up to me I would say "no" because I feel their forum deserves credit for their hard work but I would feel the same way if it was CPF also.

I see.
Thanks for the clarification

Interested - what’s the kelvin on the 3B NW? - if its somewhere around 5000K I’m happy with that.

EDIT: I see 3B is about 5500K http://www.cree.com/~/media/Files/Cree/LED-Components-and-Modules/XLamp/Data-and-Binning/XLampXPBL.pdf on page 19

please add me to the list for 1x NW

Between the two forums...this is almost half way there.

The size of this thing is one of the things that I find very cool and what made me take a look. Here are some pics to illustrate:

More pics are also available Unknown00101's review

For those that are unaware or do not remember...Unknown00101 was one of the original people that reviewed the X6 ;)

Cyberescudo, please put me down for one in CW. Thank you.

G'Day Signor Cyberescudo,

I am currently on the list at:

4 Keengeorge

Please make it a NW (But would prefer a 5A tint)

Thank you Very Much,

George

Please set me on the list!

Have to have it!!!

Thank You

Thomas

I’m in for one NW please.

Interesting, but several questions.

Will the light be made by the original manufacturer or will it be redone by e.g. Manker (the double spring design reminds me of Manker)?

What about the heat transfer? Is there no problem with the two threaded tubes and the pill design?

I know it is difficult to get good neutral bins, but I would really prefer 3B, 3C, 4B, 4C, or even 5B over the 3A tint, because 3A is above the Plancian Black Body Line (more green) and I fear that the thick glass of the cheap lens is already slightly green.

Is it easy to scratch the AR-Coating of the lens? What about a lens cover? (EDIT: I see a cover is included)

Paste or glue? I read the Jax Z1 MPCPCB is glued in.

Is an 18650 adapter included or will a 18650 cell fit without adapter?

Will Banggood also offer a discount code for a good 26650 battery?

In the CPFitalia review it was measured with 171000 cd and the Keepower 26650, why is it now advertised with 198000 cd? Is the LG HE2 so much better?

We at BLF do not have our sample yet but I will try and help with what I know.

1. The light wil be manufactured by Zax

2. I do not know about heat transfer but CPFItalia has more info..see the link in the OP

3. Cyberescudo is working on a battery deal

4. Unfortunately XPL Hi emitters have a limited availability as we found with the X6/X5 group buy. Cyberescudo has the available emitters listed in his review that is linked in the OP.

Yes I see, as much as I like a neutral tint, but the 1A offer seems less likely to be greenish.

One more. :wink:

If the MCPCB is glued in, this example (picture from the CPFitalia review) does not look optimal centered.
I have no experience with an aspheric flashlight, but this should have an influence on the artifacts and throw or am I wrong?

Thanks and regards, Juergen

I think you have the A, D and B, C tints backwards?

I modded this Lamp many times.
I have one with a BLF A6 driver and XM-L2 dedomed on noctigon.
The other runs on a LD-2 driver with a XP-G2 also on noctigon.

And I can tell you that there is no Problem with the heat transfer.

You get this light with a MT-G2 and XHP-50 LED on Ali.
Even these lamps seem to have no Problems.

The setup of the Cometa ist the best you can get for the JAX Z1 at the moment. - in my Opinion

This is why I will buy one und mod the old one into a XHP-50 Zoom-Monster.

Very good to know some other favorable experiences. Thank you!

Ciao, come stai?
Any one got a review in English seeing as my Italian is not the best lol
I can translate some into Australian English if need be?

put me down for one please with the 1A tint

If you use Google Chrome it will give you an option to translate.

But I have one question:

The new BLF A6 drivers you can get at BG step down from turbo to the next lower mode after 36 seconds (!!!) instead of 45 seconds.
This would make absolutely no sense in this light.

Has this driver also a stepdown afert 36 seconds instead of the 45 seconds of the “original” BLF driver?
Because there seems to be a problem with the off-time-condensator of the newer drivers…

Thanks for sharing this offer! :smiley:

+1 :quest: