WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

I am getting a *Cometa either way but curious Tom, at that Candela how much (approx.) throw do you get ?

*I will finally have a light that will make me less jealous of the great Mods I read about…:smiling_face:

I am Still interested in Buying (1)- ONE Cometa Branded Light, for Sure! I would Love to have a 2nd one, if I am correct in understanding that it can be used as a Short Single Cell Body and still take 2 Batteries, THAT would be Awesome!
I’m in for (1) ONE- For Sure but can you make mine a~~~~ PLEASE?

I had said that I wanted a (CD) / Change to (NW) in Post #149. I have always Loved (NW) but mistakenly typed cw instead.

Will buy 2 of funds allow and it will help get us to the 500 that we need?

Thank you & point me to the payment button please…
Eric

It's a simple equation to convert candela to distance in meters. This is the best source: http://flashlightwiki.com/Light_Output_Measurements,

Using that equation for throw: 216 kcd = 216000 candela, 216000/0.25 = 864000, sqrt(864000) = 929.5, in meters. This is the distance to moonlight, which is 0.25 lux. This is all based on FL-1 standards, which everyone uses, or is supposed to use...

Maybe it has come up and I missed it, but has this light brought to the attention of http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/google.php?cx=014400917352555993086%3A7_xzry8oxho&cof=FORID%3A9&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=Cometa&sa.x=0&sa.y=0&siteurl=www.candlepowerforums.com%2Fvb%2Fcontent.php&ref=www.google.fr%2F&ss=1218j306908j6

This link will probably be totally not working so
Candlepowerforums.COM and search does not give relevant hit, meaning maybe you should start a thread there to help reach the minimum order amount.
It is mentioned in a thread but that thread is about some other light and it doesn’t seem anybody noticed the mention.

Please specify what tint do you want :nerd_face:

The working voltage is 2,8-4,35V so you can use only one 18650 or 26650.
Change to NW made

News on this front in the next days. :wink:

For a light in this size, this quality, XPL-HI and throw I don’t care if they engraved “dicky-wicky-wacky” on it.
Super price for a super light, that’s all that counts.

Grtz
Nico

Put me down for 1 please…djburkes CW

You just summed up the whole point of these custom group buys. :slight_smile:

Please put me down for one in CW. Thank you.

I’m interested in one.
GeeKeR NW.

Ok ok ok. Can no longer resist!

Keepitsharp CW (Q1)

Thank you!

Please put me down 1x in CW. Thank you.

Anyone know when this group buy is projected to happen? Or are we just waiting on reaching the 500 mark?

Cyberescudo -
Please put me in for 1 in CW.

The NW looks a little yellow Halogen to me lol.

So cool white for the super light.

I am curious about the Kelvin Color of each
NW and CW …

Maybe order both colors……

Thanks Cyberescudo and to the
cool modders who helped.

I like the “COMETA” name “The ”fire” is in the Beam - not in the name .”

Am I number 487 ?
470?
How many to go ?

Also- it seems like if this Group Buy is Posted at Candlepower Forums more orders would trickle in…
Has this been done clearly and is it a good idea to do so ?

Interested in one CW.

Hi, can you please change my listing to CW. Sorry for the trouble.

Hi, pls put me on the list for:

Jesjes 1x CW

If possible w/o laser engrave 2016, cause maybe i like it next year also
Italy is beautiful and cometa sounds to me rusky and so its also fine. :wink:

THX for your work!!

aha
291 on the italian list
165 here (it is not updated for the last 3)

44 to go

Please add me ONE in CW tint

im in for CW. thanks!