WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

Because…

Well I saw that KawiBoy showed his problems in great detail in this thread.
Not only a good thing since pointing to the issues helps others also makes the problem clear.

I thank you for posting yours, if you had not I probably would hav missed the oring in the head that was placed wrong on mine and could have ended up with a damaged lens as you!

The most important lesson Sharpie is trying to convey is to just hang in there and follow all the instructions you get.
hank added valid and valuable points that taught us all how CS in China is different.

Now I add my points and you will resolve it surely.
Remain calm, DO NOT CHAT with CS, mail in ther ticket system and PM Neal here refering to the ticket by number
Every time you have posted a reply save the page as PDF if you browser lets you print to PDF directly, or copy paste the whole comm in a wordfile and save (so it is date stamped), every new answer again, do not update an excisting word file, you want date stamps. in case a ticket vanishes.

If cs repeats questions, you repeat answers and demands

In the end they (and hopefully before that Neal has stepped in I remember CS referring to “the sales man” in your chat, this could be Neal right?) will resolve it, either by a new light, or just a oring, lens, assembled driver with new LED and washer. since that is what you are in need of. Just let them choose what is cheapest for them :wink:

But before all, patience and treat it like a chess game, it might take long, you know you are gonna mate, just let the other side ove some pieces around before giving in :wink:

KawiBoy1428’, in a post you made earlier you shared with us how you had been in contact with BG and reached a resolution concerning your “fried Cometa” as well as a couple of drivers that burned up as you were trying to figure out the problem. That is about it, IIRC.
Then someone asked the simple question below.

I am not sure if you ever answered that question? If you did, I apologize… but I cannot find it.

Would you mind telling me & whoever else might wish to know some brief, but specific; steps you took to accomplish this?
I, on a personal level; would greatly appreciate it. And I am probably not the only one.
Thank you in advance…… :slight_smile:

’hank’ & ’Sharpie’,

Just to be clear, in my post above; #1486 as I write this one… it was not just your replies to ‘bella’ that sparked my essay. That was just the “straw that broke the camels back” as far as I was concerned.

There have been others that you have made your snide, condescending, and passive aggressive remarks to. As far as I am concerned you both owe this whole thread an apology. I honestly hope you will consider that………… :slight_smile:

I shall now go and eat the fish I caught a couple of hours ago……….

G'Day teacher,

Have you become the self appointed manager/judge/censor/enforcer/etc??? of this thread?

And the self appointed "defender" of bella-headlight? I AM SURE bella-headlight can take care of himself/herself.

And now you openly attack two respected members of our community, namely Hank & Sharpie.

What's next???

Best Regards,

George

Mine arrived today. Took it apart… the only issue I noticed was the lens o-ring was really blown out. Huge loop bulging out into the interior. Fixed that. Made a pill insulator disk for the positive spring out of a milk jug, taped the solder leads… I’m pleased to report it works great. Very impressive hotspot when focused down compared to my other lights. Love the even lighting in defocused position. The ui is not my favorite… Maybe trimming the tailcap will help.

G’Day mate,

No sir, I have not been appointed anything… by myself or anyone else…… my opinions are my own.

And I have no doubt, that bella or anyone else is more than capable of “defending themselves”, they certainly DO NOT need my help. They are probably just much more civilized than I am, as well as light years ahead in the diplomacy department.

I have reached the age that when my BS Meter finally goes off, I don’t mind saying so.

I have no doubt both ‘hank & Sharpie’ are both “respected members of our community”. Sharpie is obviously a very, very intelligent person… anyone can tell that by reading the technical posts he writes. No question there.

But being a “respected member of our community” however, does not warranty snide, condescending, or passive aggressive remarks to any other “respected member of our community”. If you can’t understand that then you are part of the problem also, in my book anyway.

And trust me mate…… this was about as far from an “open attack” as anything you can imagine. :wink:

“What’s next???” you ask. I don’t know, the ball is in their court……….

Best regards to you also,
Chuck

Actually, now that I have disabled the “medium” taps (which I kept triggering accidentally), I really like the UI. Very flexible. I have it set up as 5 modes, no “backwards” mode movement, no hidden modes. Pretty straight forward.

Sorry for posting on topic comments in the middle of an argument. :wink:

Sorry for posting on topic comments in the middle of an argument. :wink:
[/quote]

forgiven…

Argument Surely you jest, this is just a lively discussion. :wink:
————————
PS/Your right about those “medium taps” too. They had me confused badly for a while……… :person_facepalming: … :slight_smile:

This is still a discussion about a flashlight.
Please come back to this theme and stop talking this thread dead.
Many people are reading here. Most of them waiting for news about the Cometa.
It’s hard enough to follow this thread either.

Works for me. :slight_smile:

Does anyone know for sure if the seller has given any reason at all why the spec’s ‘Cyberescudo’ specified were totally ignored? [ They are listed above in #3. What he last requested and what was received.]

As has been stated before by several people… every one of the problems except a broken lens, solder joints on LED contacting Anodized Cover, or DOA light has been caused by this deviation from specs. If an explanation has not been given by the seller, as far as I am concerned it should be as well as an equitable solution to the deviation.

As has also been stated before, this is beyond a “simple fix” for some people.

+1
I think there are going to be quite a few PayPal claims.
BTW, I’ve had not response from my PM to Banggood over whether existing purchasers will be sent insulation disks.

Abundant passive aggressive & overtly aggressive statements. I will quote your answer as an example to my residents & registrars.

Congratulations, you may yet make it into our permanent curriculum. Please keep sounding off.

Regards,

George

George, you can’t have no idea how little I care.

taken form my sig line with your name inserted

Because I found this here,LOCTITE® - Henkel Adhesives say that it is good for the zooming threads,if I understand well?

This one…. LOCTITE® - Henkel Adhesives:slight_smile:

Thank you.

My pleasure……… :slight_smile:

Has anybody received a Cometa from the 2nd batch yet? I have been trying to keep up with the discussion here, but there is a lot of fluff mixed in.
I lucked out with the random courier type chosen by Banggood, I got direct post. My 2nd batch Cometa was shipped on the 28th of April and the tracking indicates that I should receive it Monday or Tuesday this week.

I hope all these issues with the 1st batch get sorted out by Banggood. They never should’ve shipped those flashlights until they were 100% working. I would prefer waiting an extra week or 2 to have a working flashlight out of the box than have to apply fixes myself, even if they are small and easy fixes.
Hopefully the 2nd batch has the issues ironed out.