WARNING: Cometa – read/fix BEFORE inserting battery

Put me down to zero.

Regards Xandre

I put this message in the OP, thanks unknown00101.

It sure should have been, but in hindsight you chose wrong maybe.
By your criteria above you could have had a lot of “fun” with the COMETA………. :smiley::smiley: … :person_facepalming: … :wink: … :innocent:

Let me see if I have got this right :open_mouth:
A manufacturer/seller or both have agreed a spec & price for a product with a buyer ?
They have then ignored the spec & produced a different spec product that because they have ignored the agreed specs is dangerous & sold it for the agreed price ?
They have then followed a forum thread (I know this for a fact) where buyers have reported various problems some of which are down right dangerous & done nothing about it bar belatedly adding one little sentence at the bottom of their ad ?
They have not contacted buyers to warn them of the potential dangers associated with using their product.
They have not offered any parts to the buyers to make their non spec dangerous product safe or to the spec it was advertised as being ?
Nor have they offered to modify their product for buyers to make it safe ?
They have read numerous posts about potentially extremely dangerous incidents & have done absolutely nothing about it ?
Is this supposed to be a reputable trustworthy company because I am struggling to find a way to incorporate the word reputable or trustworthy, or any other such words, in the same sentence as the word BANGGOOD !
And your take on this is “The early-adopters are always also the guinea-pigs.” “That’s part of the enjoyment.” and “Shit happens, and some springs got fried.
Get over it.”
Yesterday you even posted that BANGGOOD were laudable ?
You do know what laudable means do you ?
In case you don”t here is the Collins English Dictionary explanation of that word
LAUDABLE : admirable, commendable, creditable, estimable, excellent, meritorious, of note, praiseworthy, worthy.
Can you in all seriousness use any of these words to describe the behaviour of BANGGOOD throughout the entire debacle of this Cometa fiasco.
If you can in all seriousness do this then please construct a sentence using one of the above words to describe BANGGOODS behaviour throughout this sorry saga of events.

Are you for real :person_facepalming:

+ 1.6 million

I would just like to say a big thank you to Cyberescudo for all the hard work they have put into this light & group buy.
I know that NONE of any of the problems associated with this light have anything to do with you.

Thanks Cyberscudo for adapting the topic title.

And for ALL others, it is clear, let’s wait for resolutions.
PLEASE POST ONLY IF YOU
have a fix
receive word of a solution
have something NICE to say about the organisers
have something NICE to say about the light
have found a new problem

ALL other posts do not aid in solutions and merely add to a much longer and thus harder to follow thread.
If you stated your vision once, thanks please do not repeat it
If you stated your problem, thanks please do not repeat it
If you read a vision you are not agreeing to, please PM and keep the the topic clean so new receivers can find both dangers and fixes more easy! That is also a responsibility of us all ok?

OK lets all be nice and give each other, the organisers and the seller some time to get to resolutions.

BLF, the friendliest place on the internet, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 HURRAY!

Two questions please.
1.I see a circular “path” under this black aluminum disc over the led,so I ask if it has to be a o-ring there.
2.If I change the cables putting #20,instead of 24,and bypass the springs,will the light benefit enough,from this change?

I also would again like to publicly thank ’Cyberescudo’ for all the hard work put into the COMETA project!!! :slight_smile:

It is regrettable that the seller/maker did not follow the specs that were specefied by ’Cyberescudo’.

This deviation from specs has caused the majority of the problems with this light.

They either made a huge mistake or deliberately chose to deviate from agreed specs in this deal so as to make more money from the deal.

Either way the dilemma rest totally on their shoulders.

They will either step up as a business with integrity & honor, take responsibility instead of hide. and handle this in a proper manner or as far as I am concerned lose face.

1 cover it with non conductive tape or a washer

2 less loss is wires is more output but if you are able to see it with the eyes is a second thing

Hi,
I’m wonder why everyone is surprised with what happening? Those are Chinese afterall, anyone remember few years ago when they poisoned they infants with milk? They just don’t care, only profit is important - there is no safety culture there I saw article stated that every year 10000 miners die in China compare to some 100 in US!!! Don’t expect any apologize from BG, maybe they will resolve problems, but the fact is that almost no prototype have been tested and changes made in the end where not incorporated in the light since they probably already have final lights because selling was declared very fast after negotiations. In the future it should be clearly stated that lights MUST be as agreed BEFORE production start without cost cutting shit in the last moment before shipping - as usual with GB.

Now about the light - does anyone measure output since 198kcd and 5A were asked for? - if this is not achieved I will cancel this light since it is not 10$ crap and for 40$ I expect some quality and SAFETY

Thanks

Understood what, that no matter how bad or dangerous a product is that if it is sold by BangGood you will defend it to the hilt for some reason.
That you somehow think agreeing a spec then producing a light totally ignoring that agreed spec to the point that it is now dangerous is ok ?
If someone gets seriously hurt or burns their house down I hope that you will remember that you have defended this dangerous product over & over again.
After all it is only a few melted springs isn”t it so “get over it”.
Remember lying is lying in any culture & dangerous is dangerous in any culture.
And where have I said I want Neals blood, although now that YOU mention him I think that it speaks volumes that the Saturday before last, the 30th, he posted on this thread that he would sort out any problems & since then has been conspicuous by his total absence on this thread although he has been on other threads on the forum.
I do not think that I am wrong in thinking that by now somebody from BG should have made contact either via email to the individual buyers or en masse via this forum considering the dangers this light poses, after all they are reading this thread & are more than aware of the problems.
I do not want to “get with the programme” if it means defending a dangerous product just to be a sycophantic apologist for BG thank you very much !

Please don’t use banggood-manker for any more projects.
This is a disaster, there’s still a chance here for fatalities.

Thanks for all your work and reporting on this problem Cyberscudo

Glad I found this thread. I never read noticed it til now. I recieved my cometa last night and will be reading up on this entire thread.

Sharpie, seeing as you keep digging me out for special attention because I have dared to speak the truth about your beloved BangGood where this Cometa fiasco is concerned (& understand it is ONLY where the Cometa is concerned as my other experiences with over 30 purchases from BangGood have been fine ) try posting on this thread My COMETA is a POS - does not connect with tailcap spring - burned my finger [Hobby Ending - Enough is Enough] & see what reaction you get to your views there :wink:

No offense intended Sharpie but in my mind this is the very perspective that perpetuates the quality issues that have become fairly commonplace with these GBs. I must preface all of this by stating first, this is NOT directed at the organizers of these GBs whose hands are tied. Secondly, I am not in any way advocating rude or obnoxious treatment of vendor, when problems arise. However, I also don’t believe one should have to jump through hoops and then backflip through said hoop in an attempt to simply receive what they purchased. Lastly, I rode bulls in the International Pro Rodeo Association (IPRA) through 37 years of age and the only reason I quit was my first child was born, so I don’t think I can be categorized as an overly cautious type. This being said, I don’t agree with this whole mentality that this is “just the way it is” with these GBs. Perhaps it is the way it is because they know that many here have this overly accommodating mentality and will accept an inferior product. The problem I see with this is that many of the GB participants are NOT builders and modders, including myself. Although I personally would love to learn how to mod and build these lights, many participants just want an agreed upon flashlight at the agreed upon price. Hence, many of these people will likely walk away from future GBs and that doesn’t seem like a good thing for even the experienced BLFers when a minimum number of buyers is required.

I believe cone and teacher have been nailing the issues here only to be dismissed by others. There seems to be what I believe to be a false perception that manufacturers will shy away from future GBs due to issues aired on BLF. Personally I would be concerned about consumers shying away from future GBs. I received two working lights, unlike some others who were not so fortunate. However, I really don’t want to have to tape my solder joints and cut up milk jugs to make cool discs (I love the way Cone stated that one) to keep my light from burning up or even blowing up! A price and design were agreed upon buy seller and consumer and I don’t find it unreasonable for the consumer to expect to receive the design and functionality that were agreed upon. As cone stated, this is a $20,000 gross for the seller AND they continue to sell more of these lights at an increased price after the GB. If the seller decides to use inferior parts after the fact, then that is on them. I don’t need cultural lessons to negotiate a simple agreement between seller and consumer. Nor do I need a history lesson on our government via Opium Wars. I believe it was hank who stated we need to learn about Chinese culture. Really? I think it is more imperative for the manufacturer to learn about their consumers. Personally, as has been stated previously, I don’t even believe this IS a cultural issue. Why you ask? Because as soon as someone files a PayPal grievance, suddenly these imaginary cultural issues magically disappear and those who allegedly didn’t understand our culture seem to gain immediate understanding as they correct the issue in a much more timely manner.

I have purchased numerous lights from various manufacturers and have had only one single issue which was the rubber boot tearing on an UltraTac K18 purchased from HK Equipment. So, I don’t really buy into the premise that these manufacturers have QC issues, etc. etc. Further, I sent them a picture and I was quickly sent a replacement light which seems to illustrate their ability to grasp the great cultural mystery of a consumer wanting a working version of the product they paid for. Does Manker for example, have this many issues with their production lights? I doubt it or they wouldn’t be in business very long. If this truly is the nature of GBs, I don’t believe it has to be. But as long as excuses are made, it likely will be.

Brett H, succinctly put & spot on :slight_smile:
Buyers have expectations, sellers have contractual obligations to meet an agreed spec, nothing cultural or mystical about it at all, just simple straight forward business practice all around the world.

Thank you Sir!

Hmmmm, I honestly fail to recognize what you mean when you say to bella-headlight, “You haven’t understood at all”.

Heck, I guess I have not understood either….

I understand seller/maker ignored agreed upon specs.

I understand the ignoring of said specs has caused the majority of said problems and identified “potential” problems.

I understand it is not Cyberescudo’s fault this happened.

I understand this light as shipped by seller/maker is “potentially” very dangerous in the wrong or uninformed hands.

I understand this guy named Neal posted in this thread several days ago that if anyone had problems to let him know and he would handle it.
In fact I have included his quote from post #1141.

Yet numerous people have tried to contact him for days with exactly zero reply. No more reply from him either on this thread since his post #1141 which was Sunday 1 May 2016.

I understand a “pint of Neal’s blood” would probably make no one involved happy. But the common courtesy of a simple reply from him would have made a bunch of people happy most likely. Even if it was a simple form email.

I totally understand the concept of “stuff happens”. Stuff would have happened even if the specs had been adhered to on the Cometa. BUT, it would have been a whole lot less stuff. You know…… the stuff caused by the deviation from the specs.

So if that stuff was taken out of the equation there would pretty much just be a few broken lights, a couple of DOA lights, and the unexpected like the LED solder joints on the anodized cover. Ya’ know, back to kinda normal for what can be expected for this type thing.

But instead, there is a situation where lights have been shipped out around the world that are a potential pipe bomb in the hands of the uninformed user.

Do you understand that?? Is that a trivial matter to you??

I’m not really sure who understands what.

You say bella-lighthead does not understand.

I personally question that, but that is just me…. heck, maybe I don’t understand???

I do however question if you understand and why you would so obviously continue defending a seller/maker who has done as I have highlighted above.

Over & Out……….