Warsun MX-900 Find 6 or Yezl Y3 (+2 extension tubes) ??

Hi all guys!
The question is very simple: wich one from above flashlights?
I was starting a mounts ago to choose Yezl Y3 because I like long flashlight but…after few days have discovered the nice Warsun Mx900 (the new 2014 version, “find 6”) again with extension tubes for use with 3x18650.

But now…what the hell to do? Tell me your suggestion, please :wink:

Warsun mx900

Yezl Y3

Please note that Warsun thread post was written by a guy who got 6 lights for $100 - great deal. Note there are no measurments or comparisons of the output. If there were, it would be very disappointing - all the Warsun's have design problems restricting output in throw and lumens. It can be remedied by mods, but requires some advanced work.

The Yezl Y3, though having some faults, I find to be much superior, and for $25 now in the GB, is a great deal. I have both a Y3 and a Warsun X60 - no comparison for me, the Y3 is far better in throw and output, plus I like the SS bezel and the modes/UI.

First of all, thank you very much for your answer :slight_smile:

Yeah, that’s sadly true…I’ve read the discussion and know about the problems of output.
But I’ve read that the guys at Warsun are working on the suggestions of “Bfldemigod” too, so maybe soon we’ll have a version 2.0 of that light (“The manufacturer says he can make all the necessary changes I requested”).
Maybe it’s just a question of time? If yes, I’ll gladly wait.

BlfDemigod has been a no-show for quite a while now. Not sure, but think he's disappeared. I've communicated directly with Mr. Fang, who says he's the owner/boss of Warsun, and my communications with him have been very discouraging, to say the least. He comes off as being customer driven, then he went on the attack with me, accusing me I'm paid by competitors, and he refused to acknowledge the machined indent in the pill top as a problem.

It's a shame becaue the Warsun lights in general were pretty good quality/functionality for the cost, but there were a couple of guys here on BLF that got some great deals on them, and for the cost they paid, were excellent deals. I think the e-switch mechanism is the clear advantage vs. the tail power shutoff switch, and Warsun's have a pretty good quality e-switch.

demigod is gone, therefore assume that warsun project isn’t going to happen. My vote is the y3

…this was not what I wanted to hear from you :frowning:
So, probably we will never buy another kind of Mx900 upgraded/2.0 in the future…so sad.

so frustrating!

Well, I must be honest, for some reason I prefer Warsun flashlight instead Yezl. Maybe it’s just a question of look, a sort of beauty. In one 18650 configuration, the Mx900 look like a C8 style, but more aggressive. If I have to make a comparison between them (in 1 18650/26650 configuration) I like Mx900 more. I know that it lost a lot of output, but for me it’s important the aesthetic side too.
Maybe I’m stupid, what should I say?

Holy shit! I would have waited a couple of months, maybe three/four…but now… :_(

That what wrote “Freeme” in his review, here Warsun X60

I’ve got a warsun that I’ve been meaning to mod. The mx900. It’s going to be a great light but the black centering ring eats light (makes a fantastic beam) but lowers output noticeably.

In order to have the led sit high enough with a different centering ring or no centering ring requires about 4 mm of material under the star.

I’m waiting for the new nanjg firmware that will allow a momentary switch to have low voltage light before I mod this further. (I believe someone is working on this firmware)

It’s a nice light if you didn’t know there were better options available but there are.

I’ll probably get another one in the future. They are a nice light.

This is what I wrote in post #64 in https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/26123. It kind of says it all.

For throw, the Warsuns can't compare - they are slightly wider in diameter than a C8, so can't compare to a Y3, as shown in the #'s above. A good stock C8 does about 20-30 kcd in throw.

I’m not able to do this mod, I’m a really newbie.
So, after all this word/fact, probably I’ll wait until an upgrade of this flashlight will come.

Really hope that Mr Fang at Warsun read this thread and amaze all of us with a new model of this (un)fantastic light!

On Aliexpress, I’ve discovered 2 other old models of Mx900.

Model 1: Mx900 first model (i think)

Model 2: 2° revision/upgrade

and of course the last revision:“the last one”: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Mx900-glare-flashlight-l2led-u2-t6-superacids-ride/1694982373.html

This means, imho, that the producer have work hard to find the best way for this flashlight. This surely goes to his credit, but, are we sure that after 3 models in little more than one year, it will come out a fourth revised and corrected?