Wavien RLT™ LED Kit

I think that I had luck with my two Cometa’s, they have very good lenses with very hansome AR-coatings that produce almost projection quality images of the led die.

Besides, last I know Jaxman does not sell the Z1 lens separately.

The boost should be more in lux than in lumen, but maybe lux is what you intended?

need to measure throw in 25m distance when the kids are back in kindergarden next week

Look, i see your points, and you’re not wrong, but i don’t fully understand your attitude.

The latter is not exactly an incentive to do business with you.

This is indeed BLF. Only a very few members spend big money on optics.

So a lens of more than $100 is not something we’re gonna put in a budget host.

Besides, regular PMMA lenses usually do a fine job.

With collars it’s another story though.

It can add like 80% more output from the Light Emitting Surface.

Much more interesting than a far more expensive lens.

But my best aspheric lights are a Brinyte B158 and a B158B (basically the same).

Those are $25 lights.

I have Cometa with a decent glass lens too, which was even less expensive (on clearance sale).

But if i want to score some collars for those lights, i’m looking at a $ 150 or something, without shipping…

I’m sure you see my point too.

I will send you a PM none the less.

Also, i think a BLF light with collar and aspheric is a great idea.

With a 80mm (or more?) lens and a Luminus SBT90.2 and a fat buck driver, running on 2S2P battery configuration, it would totally rock.

It won’t be cheap though. :slight_smile:

Just dropped by and I'd like to ask, has any of our colour rendering index and related stuff testers (Maukka? djozz? …) done some sort of research on the effects a focused collar has concerning CCT, tint and CRI shifts? I believe it could be useful to test a range of different emitters of various CCTs and CRI to see what happens. It would be interesting, and pretty sure we could learn which CCTs and/or emitter CRIs would be preferable to use with a collar in order to also get the highest light quality besides top candelas.

Yes, djozz has done this and posted the results. The strong green shift will ruin the tint of any led that doesn't have a very reddish tint.

You mentioned you would arrange with Meadowstar through Marinebeam to have collars made if the demand was there. Since no one can buy them at the moment as no one sells them, can I have a batch made? What would be the minimum order? I’d like to keep stock for when flashaholics would like one for their projects.

Good luck with that. He's only posted in this thread. We don't know who he is, or who he's representing. I can only guess he works for, or with Marinebeam or MeadowStar. Maybe an outside rep or dealer. I have no issues with Marinebeam, but this whole IP argument on a simple inverted reflector it's just crazy stuff. If the reflector and/or aspheric lens was patented and cost no less than $50, oh, then a switch patented cost of $50, then oh the battery tube, the part that holds a battery - another $50, we'd be sunk.

Well, since they locked the recycling LED tech up and out of the market, that gave space for the laser-LED technology to come in and develop, though it still needs improvements and costs to come down.

Ill call marinebeam this week coming and see if I can talk to someone. And see if I can find out from them what's going on.

The funny thing is, the reflectors aren't covered by the patent. They are covered by the patent when used with an LED.

I'm picturing myself sitting at a test bench with a bare LED and a "Wavien collar" style reflector, setting it down and saying "patent infringement" then lifting it up and saying "not patent infringement" over and over

Intellectual property and patent absurdity, harmful and egotistical absurdity sorry to say. What @#$% fears are they trying to protect?

It's the result of people living in an unconscious vibration of power, fighting everywhere and harming themselves, instead of loving and sharing. I do not mean to say altruism versus selfishness, both are the same error just from a different perspective. One must serve himself and others with perfect balance and equanimity.

I wonder if Microfire would sell any of theirs?

I think they brought the patent because they though it was needed for LEP so I think they thought it would stifle the development and they have no intention of using it or allowing anyone else to.
The other thing is if you read the patent perhaps they just cant comprehend it enough to use it.

Does anyone have any idea where to buy a protective clear coating for aluminium?

Why not order a glass hemisphere dome such as this one

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251832659047122.html
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255800757086706.html
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255801010391121.html

for $0.4 each and coat part of the dome? This would give more flexibility. For flashlights with aspheric lenses one would coat the lower part of the dome and leave the upper part clear. For flashlights with reflectors one would coat the upper part of the dome and leave the lower part clear. What do you think?

I think that an interesting concept, but if you left it complete, wouldn’t the uncovered glass cause refraction, making it pointless?

Judging by the picture those hemispheres are cheap coarse molds.
You need precision to reflect light back to the die exactly.

I just got a few sizes of these in today:
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32720678386.html
32mm and smaller are quite well shaped but i’ll still have to polish the insides and make holes in them.
I don’t have very high expectations though…