We need a new name for Astrolux flashlight - Closed

Photon
Challenger
Bandit
Penetrator
Pathfinder
Orca
Lucky friend

Astrolux is launching another light already? Damn…it’s a conspiracy. That’s it!…the Astrolux conspiracy.

Aeon.

Luma represents the brightness in an image
Cahya bright in Javanesse word

FT06

You may not know the context around the naming suggestion :wink:

The name Boaty McBoatface was originally proposed in a March 2016 online poll to name the ship that would eventually be named RRS Sir David Attenborough.[7][8]

Former BBC Radio Jersey presenter James Hand jokingly suggested Boaty McBoatface, a name the public liked and that quickly became the most popular choice. The name has been described as a homage to Hooty McOwlface, an owl named through an “Adopt-a-Bird” programme in 2012 that became popular on the Internet.[9]

Although Boaty McBoatface was the most popular suggestion in the #NameOurShip poll,[7] the suggestion to use the name for the mother ship was not followed;[10] the Minister for Universities and Science, Jo Johnson, announced that the ship would be named Sir David Attenborough, and the name Boaty McBoatface would be used for one of the submersibles aboard instead.[11]

The results of the poll inspired similar results in other naming polls.[12]

Observers of contemporary culture coined the term McBoatfacing as “making the critical mistake of letting the internet decide things”. In one such observation, Jennifer Finney Boylan of the New York Times wrote that to be McBoatfaced is to allow people to “deliberately make their choices not in order to foster the greatest societal good”.

LoL…my son named his corn snake… snakey mcsnakeface

Astrolux X

LuxLite

Nightblade

My personal favorites at the moment:

1. Vulcan (icpart)
  2. Prominence (Souichirou)
  3. NOVA (aginthelaw)
  4. Cosmolight (vit55)

I will reward member if his/ her suggestion is chosen!

Yeah, that’s why I phrased it the way I did. Crowdsourced naming at the pinnacle.

I started to say “Mcboat”, maybe I should have said “McFlashlight”

how many main LEDs would it have?

It is a medium size thrower. That is all i can disclose right now. You will see it by end of this month or early next?

-Comet
-Supernova
-Asteroid
-Orbit

Astrolux Vanguard
Astrolux Lodestar
Astrolux Pharos
Astrolux Pulsar
Astrolux Exemplar

Nova is ok, although anyone in the UK is likely to think of these when you say Nova :smiley:

Supernova might work better :slight_smile:

Astrolux CME (Coronal Mass Ejections).

Coronal Mass Ejections (CMEs) are large expulsions of plasma and magnetic field from the Sun's corona.

Astrolux Red Rogue

Astrolux Lancer

Astrolux Night Piercer

Astrolux Quasar

Lol. It’s horrendous with some body mods. Dreadful car only owned and coveted by chavs!