weekly promotion convoy S2+ (over)

@WarHawk-AVG Yes the beam is pure flood unlike the 10 degree. I don’t have a 10 degree TIR but from this thread I don’t see much different compared to the stock OP reflector.

Simon says his store is closed for seven days.

Only 7 days? Sounds good.
Did he mention if things are all ok? First thing that came to mind was some serious issue may have come up in health or personal life.

No, no health or personal issues. It's an Aliexpress system closure (not his choice). Will be business as usual in 7 days.

Good, thanks for the info. So that means that we can still buy things from him by sending him a PM?

Shouldn't be a problem. He's been responding to messages (sent through Aliexpress) Just cant browse the store and impulse buy what I don't actually need, so this next seven days will be healthier for my wallet.

I think he lays low during the weekends usually though?

Should be about time for another weekly promotion :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m afraid of his next promotion as I can’t help but buy more lights from him :weary:

So when the pair of S2’s showed up in the mail my wife said “another flashlight …. seriously, what do we need these for?” and of course I get “the look”.

Well fast forward a few months to last night. My wife is in the laundry room folding clothes and the power goes out. The sqawking begins, “call the power company etc…etc…”

I ignore all that and walk in with my S2 on high and tail stand it on the counter and walk out. Within seconds I hear “We should get a few more of these flashlights !”

All I can say is … Wow.

Stupid women…

Aaaand that’s how you get the green light for more lights - you flick the mains switch.

Power outs are a flashaholics best friend. Put one in every room so your neighbors look and say “Why do they still have power?” 8)

Wanted to say thanks for the custom 8A2 tint request you filled Simon, these S2s have been my primary small lights for months since I got them. One is definitely noticeably more warm than the other and more orangey, both are very nice. Worked so well coming down a mountain in the fog and non reflective in it, one person asked to borrow my light and focused on the ceiling they are almost indistinguishable from an incandescent light.

Question:

anyone ordered the standard 3x7135 driver configuration, and tried to burn your own firmware?

I did it, and it says it succeeded, but the light doesnt work anymore..

hmmm

anyone else flashed their driver and succeeded?