What 14500/AA light for the car?

Between my luck the last time I went to Vegas and often inaccurate pic’s on ebay, I think I’ll take a pass.

Was jus hoping I could get a solid referral… nonetheless, appreciative of your prompt response and honesty.

Thanx again!

The top is enough to cause slightly faster degradation than sitting on a shelf at room temp. Parked in the sun with the windows up you can really bake that thing though. Easing the 14500 requirement does let people potentially come up with some other options.

Glad to be an enabler :wink:

I’ve just ordered an Eagletac D25A2 Clicky :slight_smile: My 1xAA requirement went out the window as it seems a nice bit of kit.

Still need to get another for the other car though.

For a car light you should be using non-rechargeable lith AA’s (or “14505” 3V primaries if you can get them).

The most efficient aa lights at the lower premium price range is Klarus/Jetbeam. They sometimes pop up for ~30usd.

Bumping this… Still waiting for my Eagletac to arrive. But I still need to source a cheap light for the other car quite quickly. This limits me to UK based retailers. Google is proving a struggle, so I’m after suggestions of retailers to use.

I prefer LED Maglites with lithium primaries for the car. Ideally, 2xAA model in the glovebox and a 2D (2 x 2AA—> D adapters) in the trunk. I know these are considered low-tech, but here are my reasons:

1. Easy to Use. I’m not the only one who drives my car, and pretty much everyone knows how to use a Maglite.
2. Durable. Can take/give a beating. Who knows when you might be stuck in a bad spot?
3. Reliable. No worries about overheating, poor soldering, etc.

I keep my most reliable lights in the car. Even unused, they are exposed to extreme hot/cold cycles. Unlike lights at home, there might not be any other options (i.e. can’t just pick another light from your collection). I am confident that if I pick up one of these lights after 5 years of gathering dust, it’ll still work.

Not sure how much these cost over in the UK, but a set is about $30 in the US. A little less right now given the holiday sales.