What 18650 batteries should I get?

Now try to actually order it (from anywhere outside of UK), and get disappointed. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ah, I see. Or rather, being in the UK, I don’t :wink: Not a bad price for these, if you do live in UK, but I’ll stick to 3100 Panasonics from our new sponsor, Efest, once they can ship li-ions OK.

Why not the 3400 Panasonics? Unlike Enerpower etc, Efest have decent pricing on 3400mAh ones.

Yeah, actually I probably will - they didn’t have them when I ordered some recently, then the cells I did order were returned by HK post, so I had refund & am waiting for the rules to be relaxed before ordering again.

+1 regarding HK post, I contacted sz-eyoung group and they said that due to HK post refusing to ship these batteries they cant ship them out this month and maybe next month will be possible!
I hope Manafont will be able to ship my batteries LOL :D!

How’s it going? Was Manafont able to ship?
I got a shipment from Intl-Outdoor about 2 weeks ago with 6 batteries, no problem. I think they sent it with Singapore Post which might be the reason that it worked. So if Manafont can’t help you don’t forget to try IO.

(is it obvious that I like IO? :slight_smile: )

I just got 2 panasonic 2900’s in the mail yesterday…they took awhile to get here so no clue how they shipped…glad they made it though!

I ordered 4 18650’s off manafont about 1.5 months ago and they shipped them singapore post…they were quite slow getting here but made it just fine…maybe sing post rules are more lax?

I think Singapore post avoids the problems.

Just noticed that doingoutdoor on eBay has the Keeppower 3400mAh’s available (and they ship via Singapore Post). $27.50 + $2 shipping for a pair. They also accept best offer. I had 4 Keeppower 3100’s for about $42, I seem to recall, some months ago.

They also have the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400’s for $25 * $2 shipping

Be interesting to see what offers are accepted :slight_smile:

Are those protected or not?

yeah doingoutdoor has a best offer but will just reject your best offer without haggling…he lost me a customer doing that…this last pair of 2900’s I offered him what I paid for the last set I got from him and he just shut me down…lost me as a customer right then and there…I ordered them for less off another ebay vendor and those were the ones I received on monday…so far so good…

The Keeppower certainly are protected, the Panasonic don’t appear to be.

He was certainly open to reasonable offers a few months ago. I recently offered $35 for an Olight S10 (because he’d screwed up the listing, and put “Make offer on Olite s10 -$35” in the header, lol). He came back with $39, so I passed. I noticed when I last looked at the S10 listing a comment “Please don’t make offer again”. Fair enough, I wasn’t going to :slight_smile:

He will also have the Ti S10 available at the end of the month.

yeah previously I ordered a set of batteries off him after haggling and it was good…this time I made the same offer I did before and he just shut me down…not a good way of keeping customers…especially when the guy above your listing is selling them cheaper than you…was not happy with the way he handled it…

I just received my first shipment ever from Lightmalls and they had no issues sending my 2 26650 batteries. I ordered last Saturday.

Joe C

Heres some information I noticed at BIC:

Due to the latest China Custom regulations, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to ship single batteries during this time until Nov. 10th 2012. If you do need to order any batteries, we suggest you combine your order together with other products, like iPhone cover, etc. However, if you purchase batteries only, we will have to cancel the order and apply full refund for you. We appreciate your understanding and are happy to inform you that the recent China Custom regulations are only temporary. Any shipment of batteries after Nov. 10th 2012 is expected to go smoothly.
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact our customer service team.

Ah, what a good system. After November 10, lithium ions become safe again :wink:

I just Sent in an offer to doingoutdoor of $25.50 + $2.00 shipping for the keeppower 3400mah and it was accepted. Great deal for me since getting batteries From the US isn’t an option

What are the performance of protection PCB on sanyo and panasonic sold by DX. Is there any review about those batteries ?
1- Genuine SANYO 18650 2600mAh Rechargeable Battery with Protection Board - Red (Pair)
2- SANYO 18650 2800mAh Rechargeable Battery - Orange (2-Piece Pack)
3- Genuine Panasonic 18650 2900mAh Rechargeable Battery with Protection Board - Grey (Pair)
4- Genuine Panasonic 18650 3100mAh Rechargeable Battery with Protection Board - Green (Pair)

Anyone know where I could get sleeves to allow rattle free use of 16340’s in 18650 lights?

Overready has them —but pricey

Found some on DX, in another thread.
Sorry—thought I searched thoroughly before posting