What 18650 batteries should I get?

i’m quite interested in those efests…anyone know of a review around? I looked and couldn’t come up with anything…I got my buddy some intl-outdoor sanyo’s and they work well in his Xintd…still if I can save 4$ a pair I want to do it if it’s the same deal…

HKJs website is a must-read for any flashoholic. ;)

I also used TF3000 cells a long time.. but there are a lot of different reviews with HKJs being the best, others had way worse cells.. I dont know if their quality has gone down or if others received bad copies. Thats why I'm using unprotected cells now, no wrapper to hide anything. If I had to buy protected cells, I would order those from IO, Keeppower, Redilast, Enerpower or Kumabear..

Last week I bought 6 Panasonic 3100mAh protected from the efest group - $52.41 shipped to UK.

It’s a bit tedious asking for a quote, getting the shipping price, then paying their invoice (and Paypal fees), but still works out pretty good value.

edit>> damn! This thread reminded me I hadn’t heard from them, so sent an email when I posted this. Just heard back that HK Post had returned the cells, and that China post won’t accept Li-ions either. They will try again in a week, and if that doesn’t work, refund my paypal a/c.

Getting serious, these postal bans.

Heh, looks like I got lucky (in terms of timing) - ordered 8 unprotected Panasonic 3100mAh’s from them 2 weeks ago, and they shipped successfully.

I've used Solarforce 2400mAh in the past with good results, but has anyone tried the new 2600mAh versions? Good pricing, on par with the Sanyo's from KD:

Also on par with Efest 2600mAh’s from Manafont.

…hmmm …It seems as if many are interested in the new efest’s from Manafont, maybe we should donate a pair to HKJ for testing?! :slight_smile:

Good idea!

-Garry

I seem to remember HKJ recently saying that the efest cells were on his to-do list. Can’t remember where he said it though.

those solarforce v3’s don’t seem to be very good at 3a discharge as per this test… Test / Review: Solarforce 18650 V3
the can’t be sanyo’s if this is the case…

That is correct, I have bought most of their smaller cells and Efest has promised to send the other types they have. That means that in November and December I will publish a lot of Efest test/reviews.

KEEPPOWER 18650 3400mAh IS NOW SOLD AT 14.50/PC AT Fancyflashlights

Here's link.

-Garry

They had a better performance here:

Ok, but what about pair of protected ones for less than 10$ shipped with 2.2Ah or 2.4Ah, are there any worhty contenders based on your experience :D?

Sure. Most Ultrafire or Trustfire cells might or might not have the capacity.

Seriously, you only want to buy 2 cells. Dont go cheap, those posted are tested budget cells. Why risk anything?

that’s more like it…14.50 for 2 is a good deal…wonder what happened with the test I posted?

2,2Ah - 2,4Ah.
The Trustfire 3000mAh should beat this (HKJ TF3000 review shows better Ah, other reviews not much as HKJ’s, but 2,2-2,4Ah do they have).

i’ve had great success with the 3k TF flames…plenty of capacity…like ChiggerPepi said they look almost exactly like the samsung 2800’s on the graph posted…they’re 10.30$ at fancyflashlights instead of 11.70$ at manafont…I use them in my Dry and they post a 5.3a on turbo initially…

Meh, ok, one more attempt to find the best deal, any one have something to say about these Xtar 2600 protected ones:
http://www.pandawill.com/2pcs-xtar-18700-2600mah-37v-rechargeable-battery-p54223.html
http://www.pandawill.com/2pcs-xtar-18700-2600mah-37v-rechargeable-battery-p54212.html
(whats the difference, aside from warehouse location and 1$ price difference?)
???

People seem to reccommend them in this thread:

Also, did anyone encounter the same low capacity issue as 2100 did in this post:

???

Still without batteries and my C8 are on their way, not the best situation, should have been the other way around, batteries first, flashglight later :D!