What a mistake!!

Shotgun is much better for general home defense. Nothin' works quite like the ole schwack-schwack of rackin' a 12 gauge to cause major douchebag bowels to cut loose. Plus, you are lot less likely to mortally offend the neighbors. Also, a laser dot always adds to the entertainment.

I was sleeping in one Sunday morning when somebody rang the doorbell. I keep snoozing then heard a bang-bang-bang as somebody attempted to break down my back door. Four kids got the surprise of their lives. Cops tracked the crap trail to their house.

That will be my next addition to the collection, need one for the shotgun hunting season.

Welcome to BLF.

I prefer single mode for my weapon lights although a 900lumen blinding strobe mode can be useful.

A budget friendly Mossberg 500 with a single mode 2 amp XRE will keep the riffraff at bay.

Very nice! The surefire actually has a pretty bright drop in now and it is single mode but I have no idea what it actually is because I bought it used. I do know it kinda has a very light purpleish tint. Is there a way of finding out what it actually is?

That AR pistol is so awesome. I gotta get me a Mossberg, dangit . . .

Foy

Anyone who loves guns is alright by me. Guns and Flashlights are like bread and butter......

Makes shooting things in the dark a lot more fun, two hobbies combined. :-)

You need one. If you fire any of your big wheelguns, you may hit MY house....

I love the 'chainsaw' grip on the door-breach Mossies. They highlighted one on "Top Shot" last week, and I felt the tug of my wallet, headed for the gun shop all by itself.

I also didn't know I 'needed' the FN Five-seveN (yes, that's exactly how it's spelled...) until then. 20 rounds of 2000+ fps hot lead....talk about a flat shooter.

Just keep in mind that those 5.7mm rounds are basically hitting about as hard as .22 magnums. So don't expect to be able to blow down buildings or giant Japanese robots with them.

With a muzzle energy of ~400 ft/lbs, that's on par with an average .357 magnum load from a 4" barrel.

Piercing a building or giant robot ? Perhaps.

Out of a handgun, the 22 Mag is making ~175 ft/lbs. They don't exceed 300 until you get to rifle barrel lengths.

As the internet sucks for actually conveying a tone that accompanies conversation, I make the following questions and statements without implying that you are in any way a doody head or some sort of Communist:

Where are you getting the figures on that foot/pound? All the literature that I've perused on the 5.7mm seems to put impact energy at around 250 ft/lb for pistol length barrels? I do love that 20 round magazine, but I'm wary of popping off little 40 grain hate pills and expecting results.

I can assure you that I'm no Communist.

No comment on the doody-head appellation....

From fivesevenforum.com:

Comparison of the 5.7x28mm and .22 WMR:

|--------------Weight/Velocity-----------|----------Energy----------|--------Barrel Length----|

SS195 |---------(27 gr @ 2600 fps)----------|--------(420 ft. lbs)------|---------(16 inches)------|
22WMR |--------(40 gr @ 1900 fps)----------|--------(320 ft. lbs)------|---------(24 inches)------|

Those are the longer barrel lengths; from the pistol barrel it looks like they show:

Muzzle |-----------(320 ft. lbs)-----------|

I can't find the 390+ number now....It serves me right for going by memory.

At ~9X the cost of a 22WMR, I don't see this as a good 'plinking' gun either....

Not to get too far off topic, but I think I'm a traditionalist when it comes to projectiles- leave the aluminum for the flashlight tubes and give me good old fashioned dense metals for poking holes in things.

Not that I'd turn down a free P90 if someone offered it to me, mind you.

Welcome to BLF, jeantyyou. How do British feel about the 5.7mm round? :glasses: Pardon the rhetorical question.

jeantyou is a reincarnated spammer, dead once again. Her signature was used by a different paisley artist not that long ago. When I click on her username (jeantyou) I get "Access denied." As far I as know, that is the fate of spammers and trolls.

That's funny! I've been pretty quick to start making paisley references and otherwise busting chops when I read something suspicious. But after, I sometimes ask myself, "What if that was a legitimate user I just chased away?" I guess that one slipped by. Too funny.

Thanks for the welcomes! My thread just got jacked ha ha is there a gun thread somewhere on here? I will try and search if not we should start one!

Jessie, here is probably the best thread we have going so far. Should give you a good idea of which of us are packing and what we enjoy. :wink:

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/2111

Any thread that makes it into double digits without getting highjacked or derailed is a success in my book. :glasses:

You shall fit in "well" around here my son.

Keith

Have you ever watched any gladiator movies?