What am I missing?

He's been missing for 61/2 hours. Theres some unanswered questions in another post.

I've had another thought on what you are missing and there is quiet a few of us here with the same thing missing (l hope it has the same meaning everywhere), marbles.Wink

I meant the driver of the Z8. Its a little weak.. for XPG, I would go for at least 2A "turbo". :)

How about triple or quad dropins for small EDC lights then? Serious thrower.. XML or XRE? There a lot of options. I like pencil beams..

I actually do have an old collection of marbles:

But yeah, perhaps their location does indeed explain my flashaholism!

thrunite ti

e21 fenix

EX-10 :P

trustfire f23

Something on your keychain ...

Cr123 lights /AA and AAA lights

The look of the trustfire x6 is a love it or hate it kind of thing. Personally I like it, and because it’s so thick as well it doesn’t feel as long, since the proportions of the light are kept around the same. The trustfire tr-j10 is probably mainly a flood light, so it’s not really viable since you can get a SR king which will do the same thing pretty much, but maybe with a bit less throw. the X6 is a really great combination of throw and flood though, since it has 45-47k lux and the hotspot is huge, and the spill is quite bright as well. After I mod mine to the proper drive levels (9A, from 6.5A) I hope to reach 55k lux and 2200 lumens. Originally I wanted 80k lux and was willing to dedome but now I just want it to have maximum brightness. I might dedome it after modding though… I’ll see how the btu shocker (tk70 shorty clone) turns out.

I was enthused about the prospect of a throwy SST-90 earlier (for about 5 minutes) but I’ve since floated back down to earth under the weight of reason. My HD2010 is my favourite throwy light at the moment, so I’d want something significantly better than that, but also in NW. I find the new Shadow JM26 extremely appealing, but I’m just waiting for someone to post shots of the internals to get an idea of how much drama it might be to mod it out of it’s slumber. It’s the kind of light I’d be happy to put a lot of effort into improving, because it’s such a nice looking piece.

Might also consider picking up a Small Sun C10 with a view to mod it as well, as suggested by apt323.

+1

I can understand that. I would also imagine that it’s the sort of thing that grows on you once you own it. I experienced a similar phenomenon last time I was shopping around for a car. I kept coming across A33 Nissan Maximas in my price range all the time, and I knew they were good cars, but they just looked kinda weird to me. But then I woke up one day to find that I had somehow realized that I had been incorrect, and that they were in fact nice looking cars. I found myself standing in a dealership ready to fork over the cash for one, but they just wouldn’t budge on their price, which was above market. I pulled out all the stops and tried my best, but ultimately went home empty handed. 2 days later I bought a different car, and a day after that the aforementioned dealer called me to let me know he was willing to budge on the Maxima after all. Comical! Don’t regret my decision though.

What? We’re not in a car forum? Sorry!

Anyway, yeah :wink: Marbles.

You’re right. I really do need a keychain light. Lots to choose from. Somewhere to direct all this energy for a while :slight_smile:

SST90….Maelstrom S-12 800lumens …half price sale.

Yep, I'm gonna go for another. :D

I gotta sleep ya know? ;) what post am I missing?

Sent From my Iphone

Even though it’s cheap, there’s no point of an SST-90 if you’re only getting 800 lumens from it, that’s less than a hard driven xml

Do you own any lights with a high CRI ?

Maybe a dropin with a Nichia 219 ...

The warmest I’ve gone thus far is an XM-L T5 5C1, which is quite nice. Is that what all the fuss is about with the Nichia’s? Great tints? I’ve never really been able to figure out why they’re popular. I did look around for some not so long ago so I could see for myself, but I couldn’t find them for sale anywhere. Do you have a source?

Lots of lumens without driving it hard…I like that.

Illumination Supply has the Nichia 219’s back in stock now.

https://illuminationsupply.com/nichia-nvsl219ath1-4500k-92-cri-b10-bin-10mm-p-158.html

Ultrafire C3:
http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-c3-cree-r5-led-mode-flashlight-aa14500-p-4432
DX have an extender for it to become a 2xAA light.

and the awesome Uniquefire AA S1:
http://dx.com/p/uniquefire-aa-s1-3w-osram-160-lumen-led-flashlight-1-aa-1-14500-24220?item=1
(read the reviews and be convinced)

OK, what I didn’t properly appreciate until this moment (been doing a bit of reading) is just how much CRI values can vary between LEDs that have the same colour temperature. So something like an XP-G2 4C, which is also around 4500K, would still have inferior colour rendering as compared to a 4500K Nichia 219 with it’s higher CRI. I have no idea what the CRI value of the aforementioned XP-G2 4C would be, but I can only assume it’s significantly lower since it’s not one of CREEs high CRI bins.

I think I have the jist of it now. Someone please correct me if I do not.

What does all this mean? It means that I do indeed need to check out some Nichia’s first hand :slight_smile:

Or outdraw QuickDraw McScaru