What are the security implications of using a no name tablet?

Off-topic, but I'm curious.

How large is the tablet's screen, like in inches?

(I have a Nexus 7 with a 7" screen.)

Those noname devices may not only be full of chinese malware but have lots of security issues that will never be fixed as there is no after sale support or os updates.
Unless you are lucky enough for there to be a lineagos build or aosp its not to be used for anything financial or for any sensitive data.
Client isolation is good.
If you want it to play candy crush its probably fine

10 inch

Something like this?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087D37S5M

Sort of, i’d like to use it while mitigating risks since i can’t afford a name brand device.
As i said i don’t intend to allow it access to my e-mail and hope it can’t infiltrate my other devices by being able to access my wifi/router.

No idea since i had not heard of this company till i got this thing.

I like.
I have internet by Rogers which is a national Canadian company, the router/modem is made by Elan if that helps. I can’t find the model number and don’t know how to activate a client isolation mode.

Is that the feature’s official name?

Nothing sensitive, fast food coupons (they don’t get name or phone number, disposable email), maps, alarm clock, calculator, weather and such.
No e-mail or online banking or such.

While this goes way beyond answering the OPs question, I have to point that I wouldn’t trust a thing Bloomberg states. They are not independent and very much have an agenda that’s not in your interest. I think it’s good to have national manufacturing, but even that is no guarantee, e.g. NSA abusing Cisco firewalls. Edward Snowden comes to mind.

Long story short, there is no 100% secure way. Best defense is your own common sense and a little bit knowledge goes a long way.

I don’t know for this particular model, but in most decent routers, in your Wifi settings you should be able to create a “guest” wifi network, which you could set to “internet only” instead of “internet + local network access”.

I don’t have that option, i looked into it and even called my service provider.
Many people also complain on the internet that this is not available despite being a simple software feature :frowning:

Lets be realistic. There is nothing, nothing about you that is not already out there. All you can do is use common sense while online. Your security is only as strong as the idiot that received it.

If everyone banking passwords were out there then online banking would collapse.

Bloomberg has been criticized for its reporting on supply-chain infiltration. Its detractors claim that Bloomberg is fear-mongering. Bloomberg’s motive is supposed to be a desire to hurt foreign suppliers, and bring manufacturing back home.

Some of the companies named in the Bloomberg story, including Apple and Amazon, have categorically denied that they discovered compromised computer servers in their networks.

Be that as it may, Bloomberg doubled-down on its story in its February, 2021 update, and expanded it as well.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2021-supermicro/

Makes for an interesting read.

So what are the issues with allowing the new tablet access to my current wifi that also hosts my phone, Samsung tablet and desktop computer?

It’s just a rumor at this point, but once they find your geo address, they send murder-hornets to kill you in your sleep and take over your wifi as a spamming hub.

I mean, like, it’s on Duh Innernet, so it must be true…

Is it true murder hornets are really drones sent by Them?

Murder hornets are weak sauce. Now if they send Canada Geese then i’m doomed.

You know at this point its better to just use it and report back any anomalies like a few hundred more spam emails per day, or links to change your citibank password from a doman name in China.