What blade did you EDC today?

Ya know, it might not be what it seems (boy does that sound familiar!)

I’ve always had a bad memory, so I find associative processes to help me remember things. I guess it’s pretty automatic by now. I can’t deny being at least a little OCD, but I don’t call the dealer up and ask him to go through his stock quoting serial numbers so I can pick the one that rings my bell. :stuck_out_tongue:

I too have started looking hard at the Damascus blades. If I could get a Timascus blade put in this Q7 I’d be in EDC heaven! lol

I found this little guy in my knife carrier. It’s probably been in there for five years. I forgot that I had it.

I like that Mr. Spicoli Dale. I almost pulled the trigger twice on used ones in the forums. I had to watch my impulses though, as I put a down payment a couple months ago on a limited mid-tech. The CDN$ has been tanking, so when it’s ready and I have to ante up the final payment in US$, it’s going to end up costing me a fortune.

That Chokwe is a great knife. Another knife I had to restrain from buying just two weeks ago. I love that knife.

Dale,
After browsing through all of your pics the lines of your Quartermaster seemed very familiar.
Then I realized where I had seen that before: Bailian Light Cavalry Flipper
Now I’m quite tempted to order that budget version of the Q7.

[I posted my budget damascus recommendations over on another BLF thread as that thread had no information at all on damascus.]

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/32024?page=3#comment-731049

My lust for Damascus blades and coco bola was taken care of a few years back. :slight_smile:

So you’re spreading that lust around, are ya? :stuck_out_tongue:

I like it, I like it!

... unless you also share the identification and source, "strayz."

Please?

OK,

Here is the link. I am very sure that he has upped his prices in the last 18 months since I bought it.

http://www.shop.lastfrontierknives.com/Damascus-Wolfs-Claw-Folding-Knife-with-Cocobolo-Handle-2231.htm

His work is kinda hit and miss, but for some reason this one spoke to me and for the price I got it for it was a heck of a good deal.

I forgot to mention he is a younger guy and he makes his own Damascus ingots to hand forage in to blade stock. I Did a little photography for him (I really needed the practice) and he got a few high quality images. Anyone notice the old school surefire in some of the images. :slight_smile:

Spyderco Dragonfly 2 ZDP-189 will be my EDC for the next few days.

!!

Had some beer and, ok it was rather more like a barley wine, and it was really, really good. Oh, and I had the Barrage with me… :slight_smile:

@strayz - you forgot to use a coaster. the poor table :wink: :bigsmile:

Leatherman Squirt PS4!

CRKT 6520

Cold Steel Mini Tac tanto neck knife. When around the house I don’t need anything bigger.

honestly?i rarely carry a knife.

i carry a .45 acp six days a week when i am working.

shrugs

i figure, if god forbid anything ever “happened”? i dont wanna be the guy that brought a knife to a gunfight, lol.

PS - i had a little folding locker gerber. was a gift from my business owners family for a xmas a ways back, that was my favorite… until the clip snapped when it caught on something i ran into.

GREAT knife? with an “average” clip, i suppose. pity… i actually liked it. it clipped nicely on my belt that runs thru my holster, actually keeping the holster from “walking” any on the belt.

in hindsight? i would have rather had an “average” locking folder knife… with a great clip. live and learn.