What budget knives do you own?

What budget knives do you own?

SRM 710 Small
Bee L02 EDC
Enlan EL-01 Large

All purchased from the “best of” advice from this forum.

SRM 603
SRM 704
Gerber Curve

The SRM 704 is from the TinyDeal “Alert”.

Enlan el01
Enlan el03
Enlan el04MCT
Enlan el08
Bee l05-1
Sanrenmu 710
Sanrenmu 733
Ganzo g710

and some chinese fakes that some are very good.

Are Kershaw knives considered budget? My EDC knife is a Kershaw Scamp, purchased for $20. Many of their other knives with exceptionally high quality cost less than that.

Enlan EL-01
Boker Magnum Fire Dept

A few Victorinox (can't beat their bang/buck-ratio)

And quite a few Rough Rider knives (I'm a sucker for the classic shapes)

My EDC is a Kershaw Mini Cyclone.

My first EDC was a Mini Cyclone. Then it was a Kershaw Tremor. Now it's a Kershaw Asset.

I love assisted openers, and the cheaper Kershaws fit my budget.

I love Kershaw knives, and I think that they are good quality and the prices are affordable for most people.

Enlan EL01D
Enlan EL01KH
Enlan EL01BH
Sanrenmu 962
Sanrenmu 710 (2x)
Sanrenmu BT01
Navy Folding Knife K631

By “Budget” do we mean Chinese?

Enlan EL02
SRM 763
Navy K-631
A host of Steel Warrior Slipjoints (I really liked the fact they put the Rockwell mark on the blades)

If we are not limiting ourselves to Chinese stuff, this will be a long list.

Lots of great Budget offerings out there.

Thanks for the link E1320. Good to look at some pictures.

Is there anything that one can do to make a liner lock be less tough on the fingers?

I understand that it’s not the concept of the liner lock but the implementation that is the problem since I have some liner locks that are fine.

The SRM 707 has a liner lock that almost seems too long. Has anyone taken one apart and filed one down or something like that?

I have one and a GB8-707 on the way that I just got from ebay today for $4 by making a lower offer (shipping is still $5 however). This one has no SRM label on the G10, has black hardware and a clear (no camo) blade but I assume it will still have a tough to use liner lock.

1. Enlan EL-02b: Nice knife but has very stiff axis lock.
  2. Bee L05-1 : No issues for me.
  3. Boker Plus Exskelibur II : Very nice, waves open easily even with no thumb studs. Lightweight with titanium liner lock.
  4. SRM 707:Liner lock could protrude more or have a side cutout as it’s a little hard to disengage the liner lock and a choil would be helpful as the blade extends all the way to the handle.
  5. SRM 710: Nice SS but of course a little heavy.
  6. SRM 6261: Blade opening stiff at first but now opens easily and the axis lock has loosened nicely as well. Design is one that required the end of the blade to be exposed and may be an issue for some.
  7. SRM F1-723: Beautiful knife even though a little heavier than some it has nice “grippy” handles.
  8. SRM 1602G: Wharncliffe blade with nice side access to liner lock.
  9. SRM PR-603: Small simulated wood knife.
  10. SRM 604 with 605 blade: Very light weight and easy to open with beautiful greyish green handles and the drop point blade from a 605.

Enlan EL-01D (not pictured). Nice knife with Rosewood handles and very well made.

Enlan M011 (not pictures). Rosewood handles, very sharp right out of the box.

SRM 909 (not pictures) Second favorite bigger folder (after EL01D)

Still to come Condor Bushlore fixed blade and Ganzo 707 automatic knife

Im up to around 100 different models. One of these days I need to update my sig below. The Enlan EL-01 is still my top pick.

Love that pic because it shows relative sizes of various models. I have ordered a few and were shocked at how large or small they turned out to be. Sometimes you can’t tell from a single pic of one knife. Comparing is great.

You seem to be the budget knife guru. You should update your collection thread. The more knife posting and info the better. From my Google searches, BLF is the leading source of info for most of the Budget Chinese knives like Bee, Ganzo, Enlan, SRM, and Navy. There just is not much info out there so any reviews are great. Even a basic review with a pic and how it compares to other budget knives is useful.

It’s even a little deceptive in that picture but at least I have them in order.

The top one (EL02b) is about 50% larger than the last one (604) but the difference isn’t quite that apparent (at least to me) in the picture.

A good 50% plus of mine…

So lately that’s where you’ve gone!