What cheap (and safe) single cell charger for a gift set?

OK, I finally remembered to post what I found about this… after finding my USB tester. … :person_facepalming: … :smiley:

While I did not tear it open to see the internals, I can report this.

• Volatge is very stable at 4.99v - 5.10v, depending on device
  • It will supply the rated 2.1A
  • It only gets semi-warm to the touch…. not even warm

While I realize this is by non means a “scientific report”, I have been using it daily for almost 5 months now with no problems. In fact I bought 2 more. :wink:

The Brand is ONN and I got it at WalMart for $4.88.
I also got the Car Charger (shown above in another post) and it preforms to specs also.

They don't seem to mention that fact anywhere, so with cells in the charger it can be used via the USB output as a portable USB charger, charge your phone etc?

Correct. I just got a couple LII100s from GB for less than $5 each. Crazy.

[quote=teacher]

For those interested in a safe wall charger with stable output and a cheap price, these have been great:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ORICO-12W-2-Port-2-4A-US-Wall-Home-Travel-AC-USB-Charger-Adapter-Foldable-Plug-/161892935670?var=&hash=item25b19227f6:m:mymfffkZ7r4MTc_8kaOIOzg

In fact, most of the “Orico” chargers are great.

Very impressive considering the price, I was eyeing out the Nitecore charger that can do that, but the LiitoKala's build/reputation look good and so much cheaper.

Do note that you have to plug it in to a USB supply; there's no wall wort or anything. Probably not much of an issue but def account ts for the low price.

I love that feature, go on holiday and you can use your usb cellphone charger, the good Samsung chargers can give 5v 2A.

I tend to use more full-sized chargers, while at home; but I keep a pair of these XTAR MC1 Plus chargers in the car, for on-the-fly charging, while on the go. No complaints, here!

Note per HKJ’s reviews the MC1plus is the one to get — not the older MC1 which keeps trickle charging, as I recall.

It says “a few uA” in the review. That’s microamps and likely less than the cell’s self-discharge. Nothing to ever worry about IMO.