What did you mod today?

[quote=giorgoskok]

Thanks very much guys :slight_smile:

Haha, you know me too well, mum got me this cake, it’s huge and soon to be modified too :partying_face:

Thanks,

stevi

1 Thank

It’s fun though, to have an LED flashlight that shines like an incandescent bulb, but with LED efficiency.
They sent me 6 emitters (i ordered 3) so i will do some more flashlights.
Would be nice in an old fashioned host. :slight_smile:
But they’re only 3 watts i think.
(edit) no, apparently 5 watts.

S2+ smo reflector, xpl defined, fet driver

Im the biggest idiot of the week. I managed to kill 3 MCPCB boards + 12 XPG3 CRI 90 while flowing the leds to boards

but finally i modded my Thorfire VG10 and love the flood and warm tint from XPG3 CRI 90+ with 7135x8 from convoy (trying out the new firmware)

and

X6 Triple XP-L V6 3D with 7135x8 from convoy (trying out the new firmware)

Will tweak some more when i have time and show beam comparision

Where did you get the high CRI XP-G3s from?

www.Cutter.com.au from my country (Australia) and be warned that they charge shipping cost outside the country very high.

I personally think Nichia 219CT 4000K R9050 is better as XP-G3 give weird hot spot colour transition to the spill. Although XPG3 is so cheap ($2 USD) so im experimenting out.

Nichia 219CT 4000K R9050

Indeed, outrageous shipping costs…
Lucky you.

That seems to be a Cree thing…

Yes, i ordered a couple form there. :slight_smile:
It seems he sold them all.

Well, the fact that there is this one topic for mods in stead of specific threads, seems to prove that it is indeed dying off… :frowning:
And i also find myself buying better (more expensive) lights in stead of hot rodding cheapo lights.
As some have said, there is a little less B in BLF nowadays.

In part that’s true, but this thread was created so we had a common place to post our small mods such as simple led or driver swap, but for more complex mods it is more than welcomed to have its own thread!

Agree with Will. Build deserves a separate thread. Mods or changes have a better place here.
CRX posts a couple teaser pics here of his build and a link to the thread if he goes into detail.

It’s definitely not dying off, if anything it’s growing. I buy cheap lights and mod them as well as many other members here. I’m sure a lot of members do not post most of their mods because the mod has most likely already been done by another member. I’ve also found myself buying a few not so Budget friendly lights too but it hasn’t stopped me from hotrodding them. I spent $130 on a light not too long ago, chunked the driver to the side…as well as the led, put a fet in it and a dedomed XM-L2 U4 1A. The only reason I spent that much is because of the size of the reflector and the single cell tube. It measures 636,763 and throws 1,595 meters…44 feet short of a mile. I also plan to mod a X7 Marauder that I recently purchased, just gotta get the nerve up to do it, lol.

Today I replaced the LED and driver to my Ultrafire LZZ F15; now has a XHP35 with FX-35 driver, was a very good result.

S31S Triple :wink:

Yes, true, and many mods are not really exiting enough to spend a topic on.
Also, i usually don’t have a camera stand by.
Not that i’m modding lights all the time either.

Wow, is 7000LM not enough? :smiley:

I’m currently modding a… :person_facepalming: …Skywolfeye 18650 zoomie, the TLY-S55 to be exact…
Quite well built and good anodization, even the switch is okay.
New are: 1050mA AK-47 3 modes on an LG 3535 LED with a remarkably pleasant tint.
It’s for general purpose with decent battery life. :slight_smile:
Opened up the bezel a little too…
Not really exciting though…

Where did you get your driver from if you dont mind me asking.

is it from Kaidomain?

I’d love to be able to find a good zoomie with zero spill…no ugly rings.

A collar should get rid of most of the rings. Even if you don’t net a big lux increase, it might be worth it for that.

Wanna buy my Skywolfeye? :smiley: :smiley:
It (now) goes from lens practically touching the LED to not totally focussed (but usable) spot.
It’s just the regular 23mm aspheric plastic lens everybody seems to use, but there are no shiny bits except for the LED behind it, so it’s clean, no rings.
The LG die lights up a bit messy (has some darker areas) so it’s not perfect, but i really like the tint.
Looks like high CRI to me.
Good reds and everything.
Warm, but not yellowish. A bit like the colour of tea, warm beige(ish), but with good blue too.
I didn’t find anything about them on the forum though.

(edit)I spoke too soon, it has some mild diffused rings when zoomed in.

Has anybody ever melted a Cute optic from the inside? Cuz I think I just did. I wasn’t even pushing that many amps…

I have not, but thought of looking the melting temp of PMMA from another discussion. Ledil or Carclo may have something in a datasheet.

If anyone has I would think DBC.

Was that in the X6R?