What did you mod today?

At least the wavelength isn’t lying about itself nm will always be nm !

Oh, um. Something I modded much more recently… really more like something which keeps evolving over time… my desk. At night, it doubles as a night light:

It doesn’t look quite that bright in real life; I just had the camera do the longest exposure it could. Didn’t even bother fiddling with a tripod; it’s easier to transform into a statue for a moment.

Oh, and don’t mind Mister Spooky there in the back. He’s just being spooky.

^i feel both cold and cozy in your picture, dont know why, maybe warmer light may help

Finally received a S3 host from Simon for the Liteon LTPL-C034UVH365

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/239/LTPL-C034UVH365%20DataSheet_Ver4_20150916-775583.pdf
this LED has a electrical neutral middle thermal pad for DTP stars
The active area is a lot bigger than on he Nichia LED, so it throws less
my LED has a surprizing low forward voltage of 3.46V @0.7A

driven at 1.05A, not sure if it would survive 1.4A even if its at a KD DTP star

second Nichia NCSU276A U365 in S2+ colored host

die size 1x1mm
LED forward voltage of my one 3.84V @700mA
http://www.nichia.co.jp/specification/products/led/NCSU276A-E.pdf

Seems that UV is the new grey. The next light started it’s life as a black Convoy S2+ host.

First the standard pill/reflector combo of the new S2+ was swapped against the short pill/long SMO reflector of my old titanium colored Convoy S2-UV. The 3*7135 AMC driver (a Nanjg AK-47A) from the S2 was also used.
You see both combo’s are not fully “compatible” in height, so I finally skipped the centering ring in the new build (left).
Both springs are by-passed, of course.

The generic UV-led of the S2-UV was swapped with the 3535 Semileds UV-led of BLF-member led4power that was tested by djozz. To eliminate visible light I put in a ZWB2 filter.
In order not to generate unwanted “secundary” light I swapped the original fluorescent green O-ring against a black one.
To have a lighted tailcap I put a transculent tailcover and a nylon (M8) shim in the tail section. The rest is quite caveman-nish: I put a white 3mm led between the two ends of the switch. And presto. To bad the picture isn’t sharp (I had to choose between exposure and focus)

The result is a slim nice UV-thrower. The purple glow comes from the UV-light falling on a white table top.

Swapping the GITD o-ring is the first thing to do as it produces a large amount of green light on the edge of the beam…
You did good with that one !

Thank you! My idea was: why take all the trouble of eliminating unwanted light and leaving in a new source of it!

I hear ya, I don’t even put o-ring in my UV lights…They’re not neccessary as I don’t use them in wet conditions so…

Toykeeper whats the sound unit in the first pic?

Oh, um, it’s an old Sherwood RX-2030R. It just routes sound from a computer and powers some speakers. I have two cheap floor cabinet speakers from (IIRC) the 70s and two “computer” speakers on the top shelf from the 90s. They were all free and provide an okay sound without bugging my neighbors.

Edit: Er, that’d be the 1990s, not some other 90s. I try to update my stereo at least once per century. :wink:

I like the old sansui stuff from the 70’s/80;s

Is your rack mount still working?

<_<

>_>

… whose rack-mounted what?

Back when the dinasours roamed lostheplot bought all rack mounted Sansui components for his sound system.
His also had a good collection of LP’s from back then as well.

Olight S10 stripped & UV

Had myself a busy night. Did a UF-1504 with XPL HI and a DD driver from mtn. After that came a pair of convoy S2+ with XP-L2 v5 4000k triples and mtn17dd drivers with A6 firmware. Paired with copper triple spacers again from mtn makes for a pair of badass little barn burners. My S41 is dead to me… haha.

Last night, LED swap on Vollsion EOSLAMP SP11 from CREE XP-G2 to Nichia bin from Fasttech.

It’s warmer than I thought.

I bought 2 pack of them, they’re really warm, in the 3000Kish IMO.
But I compared them with my 2800K 219C 9080 and they’re too rosy.
The 219Cis a true tungsten filament tint :heart_eyes:
I wish they were more easily available (I got them with Clemence during the GB)

Nice thread-subject. I do mods that I do not bother making a thread about