What did you mod today?

i figured eventually, that will be the “pill” in a flashlight from h3!!, ha ha

Didn’t know that, thanks. But I’ll just use external image hosting sites.

I made a hollow pill solid with a few washers and some JB Weld:

They can be bought from Ebay as Cube in a cube or turners cube

But there is a big problem with mass production or groupby!

They are 100% handmade and the quantity availiable is really low.
http://www.ebay.de/itm/TURNERS-CUBE-Separated-Cube-in-a-cube-Handmade-Esthetic-Gift-Souvenir/302218148646

There is also a video made by CNC here
But you cant move the inner cubes

Put a new firmware convoy driver in my D25C. No more loosening/fastening the head :beer:

Nitecore EC11 (EC21 18650 body) with lighted switches

Cool mod Crx , it’s really nice like that …

I need to ask , can you link the permanent ink you use in a lot of your mods ? Thanks!

Thanks mate. I use these things a lot

Pentel Permanent Marker Pen Black

Birchwood Casey Matt Black Touch Up Pen

J-B Kwik Weld

Fine Graphite Powder

mixed with

Devcon 5 minute Epoxy

Looks good sedstar. :+1:

What do you use that for? Potting?

I use it mainly on the outside of lights, more description here

Looks good sedstar.
ENDQUOTE

wow… coming from YOU? that means a lot… i have slobbered over some of your machiningbefore, lol…

yeah, i am worming my way towards MYAbe offering a few basic machining things/services to members, figured i need somethng to do, off work season now and all…

there seems to be a small but persistent demand for it…

I mode a plastics torch with a cree xml led but it melt down by overheating the led and completly destroyed.
It mean high power leds shouldn’t be used in plastic structures.

certainly hope you have pics. Please.

Sorry i discarded it to ASHCAN last night and dustmans empty it.
Just the led remain now.

I bought one of those cheap COB headlights for like 3$ on Ali, and put a lipo in it.
I can charge it with my quadcopter charger.

It occurs to me you could use a rotisserie to allow it to rotate during the cure and possibly even for application.

To reply myself and to collect the whole BD06 FW changing info together. I find the solution for fast button presses. Changed the 1uF C1 capacitor to 2,2uF and it is much better now. :sunglasses:

Putted in the striped Elliptical TIR lens in my S2+

Swapped the driver in my Skywolfeye TLY-6501. Previously, I had a BLF A6 driver in there. I replaced it with a Dr. Jones H17F. The emitter is an XPL HI 5000K 3D on Noctigon.

Hurray for putting $30 worth of parts into a $5 light! It’s very bright and throwy, but still looks like the same small cheap 1x18650 zoomie on the outside.

Thinking of modding another one of these to remove the tailcap switch and add a sideswitch similar to what I did with the Aleto N8.