What did you mod today?

Ouch! It seems every mod has its own challenges, but glad you figured it out.

this:

FW3Pilot

Yes, it did. I was surprised how heavy anna optic is in comparison with carclo quad.

Awesome, thanks.

Im glad you askedā€¦ I also wondered

the video shows the beam is still very niceā€¦

Impressed I am. :+1:

Agreed.

My Sanremu knives!
I bough 2 ā€œspyderco-likeā€ pocket clips and some screws/rivets and finally gave them deep carry clips :sunglasses:

My E3S came in - the last purple they had in-stock on their aliexpress store. The UI is steaming hot garbage, so: is this board/BOM available? I think assembly will be easier on the shorty at least.

My boards are available on Oshpark, so are Loneoceansā€™s if youā€™re interested in the aux. Almost all parts are fairly standard FET+1 components with the exception of the attiny1616 instead of the attiny85. Unfortunate with the chip shortage those are pretty much impossible to get right now.

Awesome thanks - I forgot to check again, and the last time I looked I didnā€™t see it (may have been my oversight).

Iā€™ve actually got an assembled loneoceans aux board from my Lume1 which Iā€™ve decided is unusable (due to lack of RPP). Iā€™ll order it eventually, between that and the 1616.

"GT90 Mini" - OK, so i know others have done this already, but what a FUN setup. Gt mini pro (OP reflector) with the sbt90.2 in it. I selected the mini pro because of its higher amp driver, otherwise i really wanted to use a smooth reflector version like the standard GT mini. But the OP reflector actually works pretty well, and i am definitely getting close to the KCD if not more than my ft03 xhp50.2.. Going to take some measurements after i tidy up the install of the sbt90.2 by reaming the reflector and centering it a bit better.

Haha thatā€™s awesome! How quickly and how hot does it get on turbo?

I have the thermal regulation turned off (thanks to the awesome gt driver) and honestly it takes about a minute which is way better than I thought it would be. I feel like I can push it more, I may try bypassing the springs this weekend see if that gets me anywhere. I am running a molicel P26a battery. It is fun though!

Tiablo A8 with 5A driver and SST40 :smiley:

So today I built my old Thorfire VG-10S light into a gift for my father, who will be visiting soon (finally everyone is vaccinated and he gets to meet his 9mo granddaughter).

• LD-A4 driver at 6A
  • Luxeon V with on-MCPCB NTC
  • Large BlueSwordM springs at each end

I also almost completed my Sofirn D25S build - only to realize I only had one 16mm 3535 MCPCB. Dā€™oh!

• LEDIL Anna TIRs
  • LH351D ā€œDogfartsā€ (SPHWHTL3DA0GF4RTS6) 5000K nominal
  • Quadrupel Fet+1 Anduril driver
  • Pink switch LEDs (since my D10 has red)
  • Thanks to both Quadrupel and Tom E for this one

And then I reflowed Nichia 219b sw45k into my Thrunite Ti5T. Gorgeous.

I have more mods planned but thatā€™s all I had time for tonight.

I also put a cslnm1 in my Convoy M21c with 6amp 12 mode driver. The thing THROWS! It's the same one I heated the SS bezel on to a golden color. I'll have to post a beam shot, it's a 55mm head size with a cslnm1 osram, really awesome setup. It might rival my CULPM1 K1 in throw really, or get pretty close.

my next mod- CULPM1 and 8aml driver came in from Simon, going to put them in a m21a I have that currently has an sst40 (the sst40 is just not impressive in the m21a when I compare it to my original with 6 amp with cslpm1). I'm thinking this 8 amp driver with CULPM1 in the m21a will be quite fun!

Artiet59, congrats on post #10,000!

"I missed it by that much."

10,000 posts in a thread that was started as a response to ā€œmodding is deadā€ā€™. I guess this number tells it all :slight_smile:

RC, thank you! funny thing is I had no idea, and Probably would never have known if it did not come up..

not going to lie, it feels special, but I also wish it was someone a little more worthy That got that spot. Post number 10,000, a random guy talking about swappin an LED in a Convoy... lol.

Yeah, weā€™re the Mod Squad.