What do you say when some one says 'WOW - that must be a Led Lenser' ?

I say .... "No !... it's a Nebo Redline ."

Ditto to this look. LOL!

I did once review a LedLenser light and was not very impressed. Runtime specifications did not really have anything with real performance to do.

The regulation is done with pwm, i.e. instead of using a buck or boost driver the light adjust the pwm to give a "constant" brightness.

My P5R’s run on a flattop 14500.
As far as optics go, they are pretty top notch.

You could always just say something like: Nah, it’s just a MagLite …

LED Lenser lights are okay. I have a few. And with the exception of a crappy battery holder in the PX25, they seem to be decent lights, even if they are generally not overly bright. I do agree, however, that they are overpriced for what they are. The P14 that I have actually costed me $75 a few years back. On the other hand, the Costco HP550 was one HELL of a deal back around Christmas for $49 (and then$29). But this light was definitely tye exception when it comes to value.

As far as someone complementing your light by calling it a Lenser, keep in mind that most quality lights are not commonly available. You have to know what you are looking for. And generally speaking, you have to mail order. When it comes to the lights that people generally see in stores, there are the cheap plastic lights (like Eveready), Mags, and LED Lensers. Of these, the Lensers are generally the best performers. So regardless of how his comment made you feel, it should be taken as a complement.

I’ve got an LED Lenser K1L
It runs on 4 AG3 button cells and it does O.K. as a keyring light, I carry a Nitecore MT2A as a pocket light so the little LED Lenser is just for finding awkward keyholes. :wink:

Does the cost of new button cells exceed the cost of a new light (as it does SO much of the time)?

A few deal sites that I see I have to bite my tongue when reading the comments.

For example someone will post a premium light for $20 of 50% off or something and then everyone that knows nothing will jump in talking about:

“it doesn’t even zoom”
or
“my $5 AA (sipik clone) is 500 lumens so its better”

And then other people that know nothing get into heated arguments about them and both are wrong.

ezarc, don’t get me started on zoom :smiley: I work in a local shop that sells bulbs, strips and flashlights and half of the potential buyers of flashlights NEED zoom and even tazer in a light :frowning:

I must confess I’ve never understood the Poplite website. I’ve bought mine from Fasttech and DX.

Have a look:

http://www.fasttech.com/search?pop%20lite

I have the T33, the T34 and the T22. The T33 is easily one of my favourite torches and it’s one of the most versatile I own.

I had to scroll down on my tablet to see rest of that caption.

For some reason I thought the cat was quoting the whisper song :stuck_out_tongue:

I like LED Lensers, but not at First World prices.
They can often be found for prices around $30 or so. My guess is that they realize that they have to build up their Asian markets, because that is where the big profits will be in the future. In addition there is or was POP lite, identical in detail but the manual is in Chinese only.

As far as I can tell they do not specify which brand or tint of LED are used in their lights. They only say premium LED’s are used. Every LedLenser flashlight I have ever seen had a purple tint color in the beam.

I love how old threads can suddenly take on a new life! My beef with LED Lensers is no so much with the lights themselves rather it is with the buyers. The loyalty is fanatical and unwavering to the point that they will argue that a light being waterproof is unnecessary and that anyone that wants more than three hundred lumens from a light is a fool. The reality is that generally they are not bad lights they are however expensive for what they are and nothing special in performance.

And what said the bridesmaid to the wedding flasher: Is that a Led Lenser or are you just glad to see me?

No kidding. I own a D14 and it is like a spare tire (in my backpack): untouched but very reassuring that it is available.
And it is very waterproof, of course.