what do you use ur flashlights for?

I wish I were down in the south, so I can try frog hunting. Kind of curious what they taste like too.

Never done it but really want to try it. Most recently watching Duck Dynasty and it looks like fun and tasty!

I mostly use them for showering and chasing my friends around in the woods at the cabin in WVa!(why do I hear banjo music?) :zipper_mouth_face:

LOL!

The chasing I get... But the showering??

Sometimes I stay out to work late night, so it comes handy. We repair construction machines and I need to light up dark places underneath even thru a sunny day. Also for night hunting and hiking.

Gotta make sure they are truely water proof!It is also a good way to check PWM.Oh, and I guess I may just be a bit weird?No, that can’t be it…I collect flashlights after-all!

Maybe he’s one of those really hairy guys and he needs a flashlight…

Taste like chicken, lol. The last time I went frogging was about 45 yrs ago in local farming irrigation ponds with my cousins. We got 2 frogs and 5 snakes. Called it quits. For light back then we used the 6v Rayovac lantern of the day.

Walk the dogs.
Spot shadies in the park before they spot me.
Fishing, helps TONS on a pier at night.
Showing off :bigsmile:

:bigsmile: wow very similar to what i’m using the light for, bike the dogs and for fishing. my friends are all amazed at my tk35 lol. how many flashlights do you own and how many of it actually been used? i have about 4 at home but the tk35 is the only one that has the most use

everything taste like chicken huh, even dog meat lol jk

Last night I went on one of my customary “walking around in the dark” walks and shined up a deer in the yard. That was worth the trouble. Since the mass-pack neighborhoods were shoved in all around us, the deer have been uber-rare.

Today, we were trying to find a cable route through a strangely-built church… The blinking strobe on a Trustfire F20 made it easier to locate the target hole… Yes, dag-nabbit, I found another use for the stupid blinkie mode!! PLEASE don’t tell anyone!

Whenever I need to beat back the darkness, wherever it hides, the better to See something; that’s what.

When I take pictures to document things (parts at work, work, art, whatever), the torch in my pocket usually makes a dandy fill light, especially in SuperMacro mode. Many or most of the pictures of flashlight parts I’ve posted here benefited from that trick. Unfortunately, the stupid &#:money_mouth_face:%($* $)&*#&)$-#()&*$& color rings from a Cree XM-L make this trick impossible. Thanks Cree (you owe me 20 bucks for all these “NW” XM-Ls I can’t use!!). |( But if you get an LED that’s actually WHITE, this is a good trick.

Many times, in “sophisticated gustatory establishments” (expensive dinner stores), they like to keep the dining room lights dim (ask them what they don’t want you to see). SWMBO and I carry lights and glasses for just such an occasion.

I’ve tested this repeatedly: If the headlights on the car go out for any reason, the single poor, worthless old UltraFire 501b in my pocket makes more light than the high-beam headlights on either our ’85 Toyota pickup or our ’95 Ford Thunderbird; and once, when the kitchen sink clogged & the problem was under the house, that wretched, miserable UltraFire 501b filled the work area with light for as long as we needed it. (Yes, that’s a gig at all you guys who poo-poo the 501b. :heart_eyes: )

You wanted to know what we use “ur flashlights” for… There are as many uses as users.

What about you?

Dim

I found a new use for my EA4W. I was on Skype recently and my room was too dark for video chat, and the light with diffuser attachment came in really handy. Much easier than setting up another lamp, especially as I could set the brightness level so it was comfortable for me whilst improving video quality.

Agreed. The EA4 is great for ceiling-bounced light. When I do work that requires extra lighting, I always pack that (and other lights), aside from my usual EDC lights. Also diffusers are amazing. I love them!

Well-said. Lights have an infinite number of uses, in all sorts of circumstances, like peeking under a large piece of furniture, in any dark area (or even something that’s super underlit, even during daylight hours), inspecting the guts of a guitar, checking out an engine compartment, providing light in a power failure, signaling someone who can’t otherwise see you, makeshift photography lighting…you name it. It makes what would otherwise be impossible, possible, no matter what the hour, no matter where you are.

Besides, its’ fun :slight_smile:

More than anything for ceiling bounce to read before I fall asleep.

Given the number of flashlights I now have, I highly doubt I'll ever have an actual reason to use most of them.

Though I am hoping for a short blackout... preferably in the fall time when the weather is around 70 degrees outside :p

Also use it to annoy the crap out of my friends

I was at a rooftop party this past weekend. Some idiots were pointing weak flashlights and clearly taking pictures from a higher balcony on a nearby building... I lit them up with the SRT7.

Aside from normal uses like helping to see and the dark and lighting the way for my bike, I have a third usage for my lights. I usually have my F20 on me, sufficiently bright, if for some reason someone were to come after me I would shine my light in their eyes and make a quick getaway. Gotta love that fast strobe. :wink:

Oh! It once helped me spot a skunk before I got too close to be sprayed. So I guess you can add hazard spotting to the list.

They allow me to see in the dark. But they can be great collector’s items.
:bigsmile:

My main use for my sc52 is work, doing restoration carpentry takes you into weird places sometimes that don’t get to see the light of day once built, that can be decades and alot of the time centuries for most of the places i’ve been in. But now most of my other fls have been made redundent by the sc52 it’s an easy life with just a spare AA battery to carry around.
@ meister.of.none
I know that monkey, i’ve had to watch Mr magorium’s wonder emporium many times with my daughter.

You have panthervision, what do you need a flashlight for??

Like others have said, for walking the dog (gotta see the poop to scoop), for fishing (headlamps or clipped lights) and lighting up dark areas just so they’re not dark…lol.

Wifey’s always looking for something in the back seat/floorboard cuz of my 2 yr old boy. Toys, fish crackers, jellies, cherrios (honey nut of course) and hotwheels. My boy also likes to look for his own toys under the couch.

I also like to “ceiling bounce” around the house at night rather than turning lights on/off on the way. They only time I don’t is when I’m pantless…lol.