What driver for Eagle-Eye X6 triple XPL?

Hi guys, what driver would you recommend for building a triple XPL Eagle-Eye X6? Will the BLF17DD fit under the retaining ring?

You should ask Dale (DBCstm) about that. He has been doing a lot of EE X6 upgrades. One triple he did made 4040 lumens! I think he said he used the LED4Power driver for that one.

I believe Dale used Wights single sided driver for that one. I’m planning on using this one , but you would need to be able to make it yourself, nobody sells the single sided ones pre-made.

edit: mtnelectronics sells the BLF17DD both pre-made and in kit form, but I’m also not sure if it fits

Oh yeah, I think you’re right. With all these drivers floating around, it’s hard to keep up!

You got that right. I think wight added 3 more WIP drivers just in the last week.

Yes. I’m sure Dale would chime in once he sees this. He s been doin awesome things with the x6!

Yes - the 17DD does fit. Dale has been building the single-sided drivers that Alex had been working on.

Led4power did not recommend using the LD-1 for parallel emitters unless the FET and sense resistors were placed on a separate board because of the heat. A stacked board might not fit.

For the Eu guys arround- i spore those days with Hikelite, a Ro guy, he will have some ready at the end of the month

He will maybe update this sell topic

Sorry I have no idea which driver Dale used, I just know that it’s an awesome handlebar light for
mountain biking, I use it w/ the wide angle optics instead of the soft spot optics. I’m sure it’d
also be equally awesome for the helmet but I haven’t been able to easily and cleanly mount it
on my helmet and get the angle right, currently just 2 velcro straps holding down the helmet light.
Waiting to receive some headstraps and see if that would work.

Batteries all charged up for tonight’s MTB ride. Last time out, everybody went “whoaee, what
you got there, those are bright”. I’m packing 6000 lumens; 4000 on the bar with the X6,
2000 on the helmet with another one of Dale’s frankenlight Solarforce L2P quad XP-G2.

Of course I don’t crank it up the whole time but for the charge downhill then I do and it’s
pretty awesome.

Thanks guys…I ended up getting the BLF17DD driver since I need something pre-built. Any major disadvantages to using it vs the other recommended here?

Not at all. Put it in and run it. Depending on the battery...you may need to belt yourself in. LOL. It is a kickass driver.