What Emitter is this??

Ill take ya up on that, but really dont understand what you would want with them? You can take all 5, put them In one light and make a book light i suppose. Just saying, their pretty bad!

It would be good to get Bose301s’ opinion.
He works/worked for Cree. Broke XML off of star, how to reflow?

Maybe but FWIW we know it’s not a Cree. Cree doesn’t overspray phosphor beyond the edges of the die anymore, this appears to have that trait. They’ve used a mask, but not a mask as small as the die. I think.

I haven’t exposed the name of the company hoping they will refund me some of my money. Even though they will never be a “deep” c8 like they claimed they were, I can do something with them.I would have to buy 6 XM-L’s from another source and also a new pill, because I’m sure not running 2-3 amps to an emitter will a hollow pill. Btw, so far there telling me their right and I dont know what im talking about. I sent them a link to this thread.

if under 45 days use paypal to your advantage

you got hosed.

Those are fake/counterfeit cree emitters, and it looks like a plastic reflector too.

I sent you a PM

Kevin

I just saw a XP-C emitter, and that doesn’t look too far off. A much clearer picture would tell. Is there a line dividing the square shape in the middle of that emitter? It’s hard to tell from here. Could it be a XP-C?

Cree XP emitters don’t have yellow pad below chip (it’s silver). I think OP should chech the chip itself, if the darker lines on it are not parallel (like on djozz’s picture) then it’s not Cree emitter.

try the app “Cozy Magnifier” on your smartphone to make Makro photos
(free version works fine)

I don’t see a “yellow pad below chip” in the OP’s pic. Where do you see that? :~

It’s the “thing” around the chip. Here’s original XP-C:

Okay, but I can imagine the OP pic looking like that if it weren’t so blurry. I think the yellow seen in the pic could be the yellow from the phosphor layer blurred by an out-of-focus camera. If you look at the second pic, it is a bit clearer, and there is less yellow spilled outside the phosphor layer. Don’t misunderstand, I still think it isn’t a Cree of any kind, but from the pics so far, it really is hard to tell with greater than 80% certainty.

Phosphor layer clearly covers a larger area than just the die, but not the entire substrate (like XT-E/MT-G2). The end.

Just a terminology clarification, but the “yellow” is the phosphor layer.

affirmative

The Cree leds have a similar appearance to this one, but every detail of this led is different, you can even see that from the out-of-focus picture. I did an as good as I could google image search for this picture, but it did not show up.

Yes, the yellow is the phosphor. What I was referring to is the fact that in this picture it looks like the phosphor is overspread, when it may just be the effect of a blurry image. The yellow “outside” the phosphor area doesn’t exist, it is an artifact of poor focus. Ignoring these blurs, the die looks like a square within a square. If we could see a line down the middle of the inner square, it would look like a Cree XP-C. I don’t think it is a Cree at all, but I’m trying to eliminate all possibilities rather than just dismiss them. However, there are other things about the emitter in question that seem to be different from a XP-C. We won’t know for sure unless we see clearly.

Poor focus just won’t cause that appearance. Its not even that blurry.

did you try the app I mentioned to get a good picture?

+1. The shadow from the raised die is visible on the phosphor, there's no way for any focus/distortion to affect the phosphor but not the shadow.