What flashlight(s) is recommended?

But it will not hurt the flash light either?

That was the last flashlight I order for a wail….I have now so many flashlights coming in that I can supply whole Norway. :smiley:

If you are buying the Convoy then it is best to buy them directly from Simon on Aliexpress. He will give discount on multiples. As cheap as the lights are it is worth it to buy more than one as you did and see what you prefer. There will always be a use for the one in the bathroom regardless of power. LOL

Also as already mentioned - take a look at the Eagle Eye A6 (tube like S6) and the Eagle Eye X6. Both are available at Banggood and are no larger than the Convoy S2 in length. The X6 does have a bigger head but still very easy to carry. (Remember BLF as a code gets you an additional 8% discount)

There is also this BLF A6 which should be going into production in the next couple weeks.

Last, for an even shorter light but more expensive than the Convoys you can get the new Sunwayman G25C for $35 on a deal right now (have to PM me for details and code)

+1 for the Eagle Eye A6 @BangGood, as Nikola recommended, though as a host, I still like the RED S2+ better, but sounds like the modes and driver are definitely better in the A6. I program my own drivers, so stock modes I don't pay attention much to.

2.8A in any of these tube lights will get hot - I've had one 2.8A S3 get untouchable when someone grabbed mine at work and laid it on the floor on Hi for a few minutes. The great feature about all quality LED lights is the high temps don't seem to bother them much, nor quality cells when heated. Also, 2.1A will get quite hot when run for several minutes, just takes a little longer. Of course it doesn't mean I won't run one even higher. I got a Roche/Convoy F6 which is basically as small or smaller than these tube lights and I run it at over 5A. In 15 seconds it's get'n warm, on 45 secs - too hot to touch the head.

It's all a trade-off - size vs. heat, for the most part. An Eagle Eye X6 does have a nice balance between size and heat sinking.

As far as tints, it's all personal preference, but the warm tints will have less output. I personally really like the T5 5B1's - that's what I have in my Roche/Convoy F6, and I can't see yellow - I just see a nice milky, cream white. The 7A tint is too warm for my liking. In neutrals, I like the 4C but others prefer the 4D. To me now, 1A/1B/1C's are just too blue, but they used to be my favorite tints, but mostly because I was caring more about lumens than tint. Some guys truly prefer a bright white, which the 1A's provide.

You should definitely try to keep up with the on-going group buys. bugsy36's GB on the A6 is definitely one to consider at or near the top of the list. Also, the GB goin on for the Lucky Sun D80 is another exciting one: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31339. Both are moderate priced and excellent deals for what you are getting. The copper DTP MCPCB's is an important feature in bot these - rare to find retail in these price ranges, but copper DTP MCPCB's is our only choice when modding - definite must for high power and also helps when pushing these tube lights at 2.1A to 2.8A.

And I did order a new Sunwayman G25C Cree XM L2 U2 1000Lm. Gearbest had it for $37