What flashlights are used in the army, police and special forces around the world?

I can’t speak for elsewhere but here in Edmonton Alberta Canada it’s mostly Pelican 70 and 80 series for police, the fire department has a mix of streamlight and Pelican flashlights.
I have seen the occasional discrepancy but if they are using what’s available to be issued to them, that’s what they get.
I’m unsure of what our military is issued, but I’m guessing that could vary based on department.

Sure, I think you get 50 BG “points” in your “wallet” which you’re free to use only on full-priced items. :smiling_imp:

Email them 4.5 years after you buy it and tell them your problem. I guarantee you they will not even be able to look up the order.

Here in Germany its also different from state to state, the police of lower saxony for example gets issued a LEDLenser P7, while the police of NRW a LedWave PEL 5c mod 2020.

Zoulas, you may be right.

Nitecore doesn’t seem to have any online system to register its flashlights after purchase.

The only one exception that I know is its UMS4 charger, which I have. After scratching off on a sticker, there is a serial number. Keying in the serial number and a Nitecore website in the USA can check to confirm that it is a legitimate charger. I guess there are too many Nitecore chargers in the grey market, selling at over 50% discount. Nitecore does NOT recognise them and will not give any warranty for them. But I don’t know whether checking on the serial number of the charger constitutes a registration of the device.

I note that many flashlights offer a one-year warranty without any registration system after purchase. I guess we just have to keep record of our purchase details, just in case we need major repair on any faulty flashlight. But in most cases, we have to pay for the cost of sending it for repair, either in the USA or in China, will be quite high.

A while back, some mfr (forgot who, but it was a fairly big name) caused a big stink because warranties weren’t being honored, and they (the mfr) made it clear that it applied only to those lights bought from the mfr’s own website (or in the instant case, nitecore.com). Else they were “gray market” and you were on your own.

(Hmm, was it Lumintop?)

(Eh, might’ve been Klarus: KLARUS OFFICIAL DECLARATION .)

Whatever…

If warranty is your top prior, you might want to consider other brands.

One of my buyer told me that he tried to claim warranty for his 2-3yr old model, NC told him they are unable to process his order as the model has been discontinued. End up making a counter offer 50% off(iirc) to purchase current model. [quote=TermsakC] Zoulas, you may be right. Nitecore doesn't seem to have any online system to register its flashlights after purchase. The only one exception that I know is its UMS4 charger, which I have. After scratching off on a sticker, there is a serial number. Keying in the serial number and a Nitecore website in the USA can check to confirm that it is a legitimate charger. I guess there are too many Nitecore chargers in the grey market, selling at over 50% discount. Nitecore does NOT recognise them and will not give any warranty for them. But I don't know whether checking on the serial number of the charger constitutes a registration of the device. I note that many flashlights offer a one-year warranty without any registration system after purchase. I guess we just have to keep record of our purchase details, just in case we need major repair on any faulty flashlight. But in most cases, we have to pay for the cost of sending it for repair, either in the USA or in China, will be quite high. [/quote]

I consider no Chinese brand to have a functional warranty. If they honour it thats a bonus.
I plan my purchases accordingly, i don’t drop big bucks becasue if i lose $30 that sucks, if i lose $300 i am very pissed off.

Same with reliability, i assume its unreliable because i have been burned by depending on products that fail to live up to reasonable durability. If i need a light in a mission critical situation i carry two lights. I keep 5 lights in the car full time and often have the cell phone and another light on me.

The fire dept I’m in uses streamlight. The reason is because they cut us a deal.

Isn't the new standard issue for armed forces and police forces world wide the new "TRUSTMEIWILLFIRE" range..?

Disclaimer: joke

The only contract Surefire has is with the federal goverment.
Whatever is not federal government can use whatever they please.
Cheers.

They must have deals of some sort with some retailers/suppliers as well as many of those have deep discounts for LEO/military. Something similar at the department/agency level as well for bulk purchases I would assume too - so not an official supply contract to fulfill but an arrangement on pricing.

The LEO here mainly use Streamlite. They had used Magchargers almost exclusively for years, and there are some still around, but mostly switched to the lighter and smaller Stingers and Strion. Now mostly have switched to LED Stinger and Strion and Mags. It’s basically down to whichever company can strike a better deal based on department requirements. SureFire is a good brand, but way overpriced.

You can say that again
https://www.surefire.com/categories/illumination/flashlights/?min_price=&max_price=&bc-sort=price_asc

Atomicbeam

OR ANYTHING THAT SAYS ... Police on it

LOL!
I got one of those for a penny and thats about what it was worth!

In Canada we have Police brand flashlights sold at Walmart and a few other places, they appear to be okay but its just a no name Chinese brand marketing ploy. I have never bought one but they have may different battery and lumen combinations, dozens if not hundreds. None hold a candle to Convoy or similar.

My buddy deals Olight gun lights to several New Jersey agencies. Maybe not for too much longer since Olight changed their mind about a 150 piece order

That can be used as a weapon in the right hands.

The trouble is finding the right hands. :laughing: :open_mouth:

Many people make up their own kits; depending on length and location.
IF, I were in a special ops group; here’s what I would carry.
The rabbits claim IPX68 with other features! ! ; you can find claimed specs on Amazon, 2aaa, 2aa lites. At least 4 bats of each.

You might want to reconsider that statement.

So what you pay for is more than just the flashlight. You pay for reliable, thorough warranty service for the useful life of the light. I have several Surefire flashlights. They are truly the most solid feeling flashlights I’ve ever owned. Everything is machined with a negligible margin of error. You’re not buying a Surefire for the latest emitter to date. It’s all about rock-solid performance & reliability. This is why they have a lifetime warranty. You’ll very seldom ever use it. And they make wear prone parts like switches for their lights even for a time after the model has been discontinued. I once had a slightly flaky switch on my newly bought U2. I contacted Surefire. They simply sent me a replacement, free of charge. Excellent service. (btw, the switch had somehow gotten a tiny bit of debris inside it. Took it apart, reassembled… totally functional, so I ended up with a spare switch).