What gives the most flood among the multi-emitters?

hey tatasal, have you seen richies beamshots of his ak47? i think thats the light we need, it certaintly looks floodier than our tk70, plus it very bright.

also ,you make want to also look at the sl3 with 9 amp thread, that light has potential to be floodier than our tk70 as well, and in a small package!

I once owned a Shadow JM26. I sold it for I found it weird in design because you cannot use a KingKong 26650 flat-top without a magnet, but you can’t also use a KK raised-top either. As for the 3xml SL3, a 9-amp model will give a lot of heat for a head its size, don’t you think?

Yes, I have seen the beamshots and they are very revealing. I am currently dealing with 9xt6 suppliers, I have not fully decided yet.

I think this is good. Very floody beam.

http://www.jetbeamlight.com/ShowProducts.asp?ID=41

Good dealer.

http://www.doingoutdoor.com/jetbeam-ddr30-3cree-u3-led-3200-lumens-flashlight-p-235.html

yea that sl3 i assume will get warm pretty fast. but i didnt intend to use this flooder for long periods of time. its going to be used mainly as a searching light when im outside, and as an intruder light when i hear something in the backyard.

i did see some beamshots of that jetbeam rrt3 that whokilled jr mentioned, and it is indeed more floody than the tk70. only thing is that i wish it had more lumens for the price and size. and its kinda old and doesnt get much hype makes me wonder.

i still believe our best bet for now is the ak47 and wait a bit longer for a better 12xml.

yea that sl3 i assume will get warm pretty fast. but i didnt intend to use this flooder for long periods of time. its going to be used mainly as a searching light when im outside, and as an intruder light when i hear something in the backyard.

i did see some beamshots of that jetbeam rrt3 that whokilled jr mentioned, and it is indeed more floody than the tk70. only thing is that i wish it had more lumens for the price and size. and its kinda old and doesnt get much hype makes me wonder.

i still believe our best bet for now is the ak47 and wait a bit longer for a better 12xml.

Well, if we are looking for a wide flooder, comparing the SL3, no matter how hard driven it will be, I don’t think it will survive the onslaught of 9 xmls of the AK47. Good thing going for it is its handy size, and generally higher quality perhaps.

true, the 9xmls will be floodier and have great output. but i do also think the sl3 will be floodier and just as bright as the tk70 as well in a much smaller form.
what i would like is to see a comp shot between one of those 9xml and the rrt3.

lemme go look up some vids on that jetbeam ddr30 that c channel linked. that one is 3000 lumens….i wonder if its a upgraded rrt3?

nope that ddr30 does not look like a flooder that meets my flood light standards

Hi, I have a TK70, Thrunite TN30, Trustfire X100 and Trustfire X6 SST90. I know that out of those, if i wanted the brightest, close in flood with still reasonable throw that makes a perfect Club to deal with intruders, i would without doubt grab the X100. If i couldn’t find someone in the backyard with that particular light and knock them out with it, it would be time for me to get a Cane, a Labrador and someone else to go outside “Period”. The TK70 is not as bright close up, and if you miss your intended Target with your swing, you’ll probably pull your Arm’s out of their Sockets. The only reason i added the X6 SST 90 is that though it is not designed for Flood, and is indeed a Thrower, is it still has, for its type, Imho, has more than enough spill to light up a back yard and just the shape of it intimidates the hell out of me, let alone the thought of being hit by it. Any one of them shone in someones Face should be enough to soften them up for you. Just my thoughts, No Experience Implied.
Cheers

that again proves that the 9xml’s are what we’re after then….because if you chose the x100 which is 7xml’s then the ak47 should have a bit more flood.

i also have the trustfire x6 but ill choose the tk70 over that.

Here’s a review of the Ultrafire 9T6:

These lights are a bit of a chinese gimmick, slap bang whack whack put in as many emitters and make outrageous lumen claim.

Still, if you want 3000+ lumens and wide flood for around 10 mins this is your light. :wink: .

I agree with 2/3’s of that statement. Depends on your definition of flood and what parts of the beam you refer to. Smaller reflectors typically produce wider hotspots and coronas, but the spill is more determined by head design and perhaps how recessed the emitter is. Reason I say this is my single emitter C8 sized bike light puts out by far a wider spill than any other light I own, including the Trustfire J18 and TK75. The J18 is dissappointing when it comes to spill. The reflectors are tiny but proportionately quite deep, meaning for a light that has 7 tiny reflectors the spill produced is around the same as the 3 emitters of the TK75. Hotspot and corona however is floody, but nothing special about the peripheral.

The ultrafire 9T6 to me looks like it might be the floodiest multi-emitter light out there (taking into account spill) as the 3 inner emitters are quite shallow, more so than the AK-47 and 12T6. The beam shots are quite telling.

wow those shots of that ultrafire 9xml looks craaaazy.
hey tatasal, anyword on the 9xml lights yet?

If I’m reading subwoofer’s beam profile grid right then the spills are as follows:

Fenix TK75: 25m spill at 15m
Ultrafire 9T6: 35m spill at 15m

At 5m distance the 9T6 lights up an area width of 20m according to his graph. Now that’s floody.

The Ultrafire 9x T6 and the Skyray 9x T6 are the same light with the same driver, just branded with different names. That driver is not designed to work with less than 3 cells. That’s why on 2 cells it barely makes a couple hundred lumens. The AK-47 stock driver, if working correctly, is a brighter light with more flood and throw, and works great on just 2 cells too. I’m not downing either of the other 2 lights, just the AK-47 is overall better with a higher tailcap current in stock form.

Add the KD driver to any of them, especially the AK-47, with very good 26650 cells, King Kong button tops, EnerPower 26650 button tops, or MKNK IMR 26650 button tops, and you’ll have one serious super flood monster pushing 6,000 lumens and shooting light well past 300 meters.

I have both the Skyray 9x T6 and the AK-47, and know what each are capable of.

Well. following this thread makes me not want a stock 9T6! I’ll hang on for a while till our friend Richie gets to the bottom of this and see what happens. It’s getting crazier…

hahah its funny you said that. we are on the same boat lol. I beat you to it though. I realize theres so much more to gain from these 9xml’s so i figure the modded route is the way to go. Thanks to richie….I went ahead and purchased the ak47 with the helping hands of richie for modding.
ill report back once it arrives!

That’s good to know. Thanks Richie

Edit: just found your thread

:wink: