What Happen To DoingOutdoor account in BLF

Well I posted this on here before. And I even went back and checked my paypal account to be sure, so I know I am in fact correct. But this guy that supposedly went by Bill now was going by Andy a few years ago when I dealt with him personally and bought a Olight SR51 from him through Paypal. I found this guy on ebay. He had 2 accounts if not more there. He went by Olight something or other and he also went by doingoutdoor. I sent a payment to x-tactical@hotmail and I wll leave off the rest. That is the exact same email account that this so called Bill posted here. So I’m not stupid. And when I posted this on one of his threads he said Andy like uhh? Now come on Andy. You know better. That Olight account he had vanished for some reason I don’t know why. But I do know this Andy tried to get me to send him some type of electric plug that he could’nt supposedly get where he was from w/o having to supposedly pay a lot for it. Now this struck me as odd. He sent me this email out of the blue and ask me to do this. He told me he would pay me back later. I found that rather odd a guy that I was dealing in flashlights with.

Businesses change hands, and ownership.

Bill(or whoever…) offer very good quality things and prices, as well as very good customer service/fast shipping(not like CHQG or Lightmails - if something will happened there, you will scream within a weeks for replacement or refund with no answer - way via paypal claim only). for me all those points are must important. but agreed, he had very agressive marketing on BLF, but sure, he will learn… come back Bill! :slight_smile:

Is Andy = Bill = Olightxxxx?

i bought some ITP A3 Titanium from ebay from Andy in 2011!!

i feel betrayed!!

hehe *gg*

I just ordered a light yesterday from DO. The previous orders placed were packed well, shipped fast and worked great. Maybe there was some cultural differences in the way business is done. It was kinda like an auction with him.

I’ve purchased a lot from “Bill,” both from eBAy and his new website and never had a problem - other than slow delivery.
I’d wager that a lot of Chinese dealers we patronize go by different “Western” names without it being suspicious, let alone nefarious.

I've ordered from doingoutdoor a couple of times on ebay awhile back. Never had any issues..

I do not think there is anything wrong with a seller using different names, unless they are doing so to defraud.

Many Chinese Ebay vendors have more than one store too. I do not know why they do this, maybe something to do with the Ebay seller system. One I used closed their shop with 99% positive feedback and started trading again with 0 feedback, which seems counter-productive.

And people also lie and mislead others as well. Especially those that may be up to no good.

And if Bill isn’t Andy then why the same email address? There’s an old saying we have in the US. If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck then it probably is a duck.

I’ve no idea, but I’m not going to jump to conclusions and assume the worst either. There could be a good reason.

Anyway, I had a successful dealing and would happily buy from him again.

+1.
I dealt with DO last fall, A ebay experience.
Ordered 6 batteries 11 days ago, requesting perhaps a couple extra storage cases. I got a form email saying my order was shipped…
I was unsure about the cases.
Today I received my order + some free cases!
Kudos!
Tony

I’ve had nothing but positive experiences with couple of orders of Doing Outdoor, as mentioned the guy may not be familiar with forum protocol.

I ordered two SRM knives from Bill @ DO. One was defective. He offered to send me a new one, or full refund for it. I selected a new one…which he shipped out on his dime free of charge. Never asked me to take pictures, video, nor send the defective knife back…etc. That…in my experience…is an honest seller with excellent customer service.

I have seen some agressive sales tactics…but sales in China is much more a contact sport, so put your big boy pants on :slight_smile: . Seriously though, I hope he can be directed to obey the rules… we need as many good, competitive vendors as possible. Too many people around here are willing to immediately go on the attack and make unfounded accusations. Can we not admit that we all have shortcomings?

Let cooler heads prevail.

Well I had a great transaction from Andy as well. I even bought another flashlight from him later on that I believe was the Jetbeam BC20. I’m not calling the guy a crook, I’m just passing on what I know. That’s all. Take it for what it is worth.

I checked it again on paypal.

I sent $118.00 payment for the Olight SR51 to Flare Light Enterprises Limited.
Email: account@flare-lights.com
Payment sent: 965969014@qq.com
Business contact: x-tactical@hotmail.com
Customer Service Phone: I’ll leave it blank. But I have the numbers that paypal listed.

And I will say again he went by Andy to all that I listed above at the time of Nov 2011.

Edited due to refreshed thread:

Just to clarify, your obsession with DO is that someone at that email address went by two different American names, over the last year or two….?
And that your a happy customer?
Thread working as intended then?

The last order I got from Bill, he threw in a free titanium money clip.

I had countless transaction with him. Great service. Reliable, trustworthy dealer. Once I had to return a BC25 that I regretted purchasing. Took photos of the returning parcel and emailed him. I purchased another light and he returned me the balance and shipped immediately. He trusted me that much. It changed my perspective of online dealers.

The emails does not proof anything. I had know him as bill for a long time.

Yeah. So this guy seems to have never had a bad transaction as a seller, but is still being badmouthed by a few. And even those people never had any real negative interactions to report. Got it.

I love the internet.