What happens if you put 5 fully charged 26650 batteries into salt water ??

Not a lot… The water turns black, that’s about it…. I had 5 ultra\lustefire brand batteries that would light my flashlight for a little under 30 minutes… So I figured, it says don’t throw into water…

So I did, only I had some salt in the water first…

Hot water…

Into about 5 liters of water, or a little over a gallon. Placed in a snow bank on my poorch and now it’s doing nothing.

I will post pictures.

Li Ion batteries are sealed...so they won't leak...maybe after a few years they would corrode thru

What would be cool...'choot em

5c … –17c outside temp…

It bubbles and ozzes down there…

Nice day :slight_smile:

um… I think you just lost enough money to buy a new light :smiley:

Lipo’s are supposed to be disposed by draining as low as safely possible under light load and then by discharging in a salt water solution. I’m not surprised that lions do a similar thing although this technically isn’t really the best way to get rid of them.

Also they’re not sealed, if you expected that then you were sadly wrong. Being ‘sealed’ really doesn’t make a difference if the water can cause shorts between the cells anyways.

It’s bobling and fizzing down there… I didn’t loose any money, at least not from this, as the batteries where #¤ fake ass crap…

I now use 26650’s from Enerdan… And those are awesome.

I was sort of hoping the salt water would be enough to cause them to short out…

When you said saltwater I thought you put them in seawater. For seawater there's about 33 g of salt in 4 cup of water

Yeah those EnerPower 26650s look like the best for most applications. (cf. HJK review). I don't think we have US stores that sell them.

The Enerpower ones I got was actually blue Tensai international 26650 3,6v 4500MAH

What did they do to deserve such fate?? :open_mouth:

Whats happens with that water and how hazardous it is to wildlife? Do you plan to dispose of it safely?

Also, regarding Enerdan - good luck in case you need assistance in case of aftersales - I received none from them, so I will avoid them in the future ;)!

yea, what exactly is the correct procedure for disposing of safely this…thing…?

lighting it on fire.

Don't buy the crap and you won't have to worry about disposal.

Why do people think water , salty or not will be entertaining ?

If you want to short batteries why not use those wide jaw visegrips

lets hope your not grounded when you do this :smiley:

Mine took a while for delivery, as they where sold out of the enerdan labeled ones, did you e-mail them? They replied to me immediately. I’d say within an hour of me e-mailing them.

Water went down the drain, smelled like battery acid. The used cells where delivered to a battery recycling station.