What have y'all done with your Defiant Super Thrower?

I was finishing up the Defiant Super Thrower for manxbuggy1 and wondered what others might have gotten out of this awkwardly big but decent light. Remember the sales frenzy at Home Depot? lol

I had done some work on it originally and hoped it’d grow on me. It didn’t. So I ended up letting Ricky talk me out of it. I put it back together for him and had it working pretty nice with a dummy cell and a sleeve to run a single 18650.

Ricky found a way to put a different battery tube on it that holds a 26650 and it looks really nice. Shortens it up and gives it a tail clicky that can serve as a lockout. Both switches work. So after he got this new body for it, I de-domed the XM-L2 U2 1A emitter and built a FET driver for it. The body and OEM switch housing are limiting the ground flow for some reason, but I’m getting around 1100 lumens OTF with this de-domed emitter and in the 200Kcd range. The Powerizer I have will hit 203Kcd, Ricky’s King Kong does 195Kcd.

Is this along the lines of what y’all are seeing? Just wondering, as it’s a pretty intense hot spot now and should make a very good showing for itself once night falls. I know Ricky’s gonna like it, as Punch is what he lives for in a light, lol. Just wish I could get the current to flow through the host like it does when connected directly to the pill…

This in my opinion is still an orsm light for the amount of money they cost. The first linked light now has a dedomed XML-2 in it and throws further now than an olympian javelin thrower ever has.

Got just shy of 300kcd with my 3 18650 DST. Had an XML2 at about 7 amps. I didn't spend much time on focus. So maybe some room for improvement. Planing on building a 3 headed DST. If it goes as planned, I will title it, "Shock this, BTU".