What have you put a Nichia 219 into ?

I’ve put them in my nose. I’ve put them in my ears. I’ve put them in places the sun never shines. I’ve put them everywhere.

Also Thrunite Saber, Waldmann desk magnifier, Hera under-counter lights, Chinese wall wash flood lights, toilet.

I’m thinking maybe a Sky Ray King with three triples…

Only these, so far..

Balder BD-0
Sunwayman R20A
Sunwayman V10A
LumaPower D-mini

Next candidates are:
Foursevens Preon Penlight
Trustfire F3 (C8-style 3-emitter light)
Trustfire TR-1200 (for Nichia power!!)

I've put Nichias in several lights, but so far, my very favorite is a Crelant 7G1. This is a small 14500 Clickie that I modded with a Nichia 219 and a 1.0A buck/boost driver.

I've been carrying this light exclusively since I modded it, and would build another if I could get hold of another 7G1 host.

I’ve put one in my EDC, a Quark X AA. I love it! If my Fenix LD01 didn’t already have a high-CRI XP-G in it, i would put in a Nichia, too. Next one is probably my new Olight S20. I got 8 bare Nichias lying around waiting for hosts :slight_smile:
Further candidates are P60 drop-ins, Nitecore EC2, or my Zebralight SC60w, if there was a way to open that darn thing without destroying it. I’d also love a good host for a triple Nichia. Too bad there are no empty P60 dropins for triples.

You guys kill more 219 emitters then I own of any kind. :stuck_out_tongue:

Any Nichias in 10440 or aaa lights? There must be some! Saw a preon 0 on cpf.
My Tank007 e09 has been whispering for a Nichia.

Boaz, digging those lights. That 1.7amp Xiaozhi looks like a real nice EDC. Do you need to limit time on high with the Nichia in it?

to be honest, i usually prefer the cree xp-g but the nichia was a very good option on some of the lights i’ve modded : quark, ex11 and NOHS
the nichia can sometimes be a bit tricky to focus properly on some reflectors, esp. when they are SMO.

nitecore sr3
good beamshape but regulation was not so stable.

ex11.2
very nice beam

quark
excellent

v10r
nice, but would have been even better with the more textured reflectors of former v10r series

turbo quark
a bit ringy, decent thrower for the size

dereelight NOHS
excellent for close-up work

and also some p60 modules…

I did a P60 SMO this weekend and the beam was quite smooth. I was expecting other wise because you always see OP reflectors with Nichia’s.

EDIT: titwosee, those are some gorgeous lights.

I t gets warm but not hot .. I don't ever run a light blazing on full power anyway . the way i set up modes is moon mode / then a very low low like 1~2 lumens / medium at about 60lumens /a runtiime hi at about 60% of max that doesn't appear to be much dimmer than 100% but gives much more runtime /and turbo or 100%max..

If a light gets warm I just back it down and usually back them down a bit before they start to heat up anyway just for better runtime ....Mr. conservative :P

I have the exact same 3 lights in xpg2 neutral whites too... very hard to tell the difference in them except the xpg2's are a bit brighter . I'm amazed how good the cri is on the xpg2's too

Got a 1.4A p60 drop in.

I plan on making a triple nichia p60 drop in and possibly modding my ld01 to it too. Might end up going with an xpg-2 in the ld01 for the extra lumens though.

Boaz, your comment about having the same lights with the XPG2’s got me thinking. I don’t want to take this thread off track. So I posted a comment #63 in the following thread:

Since you have comparable lights, it would be great to get your thoughts.

NEW10b (1050mA Nanjg AK47 driver), Maratac AAA copper, DQG III AAA, Ultrafire C3 ss (BLF-mini driver), Aurora SH00271.

These are all wonderful flashlights!

I have two ideas for the 219 in the pipeline, a small thrower like the Xeno F7, and a 1x18650 triple 219.

Nice! :beer:
Saw you mention your nichia Maratac copper in another thread.
Your DQG III AAA is a nichia reflowed onto its tiny pcb?
Happen to have more pictures? :party:

yes, it was a pain: accidently destroyed the driver while trying to get it out for a picture, failed to repair it, kindly received a free new one from Ric (from cnqg), but that one was without led, some pictures are in the DQG18650 thread.

And I agree: 219's are very nice in AAA-lights.

Love how the top light shows that it has been much used. To me, that looks so much better than a new perfect condition light.

It has lived in my pants pocket for six months together with keys and a pen-knife. And the ano finish (or just black paint?) on this cheap light was already dubious to begin with.. I still love it, it is a very good EDC-light

Ok, knowing it has been in your pants so much may have tarnished my “love” for it a bit. It’s still cool looking though.

My sr3 has been begging for an xpg2 or nichia emitter ..

I love the pic ..there's only one light that looks like this on the planet ...if you make a light this nice put your name on it .

Not many but so far the chopped blue solitaire got one, my TF mini01 also, and my 14650 Minimag got a triple drop in to swap with an XML 1D drop in from time to time.