What have you put a Nichia 219 into ?

Boaz, your comment about having the same lights with the XPG2’s got me thinking. I don’t want to take this thread off track. So I posted a comment #63 in the following thread:

Since you have comparable lights, it would be great to get your thoughts.

NEW10b (1050mA Nanjg AK47 driver), Maratac AAA copper, DQG III AAA, Ultrafire C3 ss (BLF-mini driver), Aurora SH00271.

These are all wonderful flashlights!

I have two ideas for the 219 in the pipeline, a small thrower like the Xeno F7, and a 1x18650 triple 219.

Nice! :beer:
Saw you mention your nichia Maratac copper in another thread.
Your DQG III AAA is a nichia reflowed onto its tiny pcb?
Happen to have more pictures? :party:

yes, it was a pain: accidently destroyed the driver while trying to get it out for a picture, failed to repair it, kindly received a free new one from Ric (from cnqg), but that one was without led, some pictures are in the DQG18650 thread.

And I agree: 219's are very nice in AAA-lights.

Love how the top light shows that it has been much used. To me, that looks so much better than a new perfect condition light.

It has lived in my pants pocket for six months together with keys and a pen-knife. And the ano finish (or just black paint?) on this cheap light was already dubious to begin with.. I still love it, it is a very good EDC-light

Ok, knowing it has been in your pants so much may have tarnished my “love” for it a bit. It’s still cool looking though.

My sr3 has been begging for an xpg2 or nichia emitter ..

I love the pic ..there's only one light that looks like this on the planet ...if you make a light this nice put your name on it .

Not many but so far the chopped blue solitaire got one, my TF mini01 also, and my 14650 Minimag got a triple drop in to swap with an XML 1D drop in from time to time.