What is the attraction of the "Zoomie" "Flood to Throw" variable focus flashlights?

Bingo. I haven't met the reflector yet that will give me a flood with zero hotspot the way a good aspheric can. The Sk68 has a near uniform flood, with just some light artifacting around the edges.

I've used an X2000 every night for years to walk my dog. It's perfect. Wide flood for visibility and zoom to check farther down the road for rabbits, dead animals or anything else my husky might try to eat - seriously, he'll eat ANYTHING.

I modded an X2000 for use as an IR illuminator when I used to ghost hunt. Never caught a ghost - HA - but the light performed famously well.

Good call! Don't know why it didn't occur to me earlier to do this. Turns out, it's around 230-250 yards with some areas going out to just short of 300.

Anyone have a flood-to-throw with a lens that is about 20mm?

Hi GC,

Yes i’ve got one from Ebay, aspheric clear window 17,5mm, fits 21,5mm lens, 1xAA (run it on LiFePo4) about 5.0 USD.
Outside dimensions 24 x 97mm.

I didn’t really get the Sipik 68 thing myself. I bought three of them and was not that impressed. Then I put a 14500 in one and I was amazed. A AA sipik is ok but one with 14500 is a jackhammer of a light.