What is the best 18650 battery and 14500 battery just now.

All of my 18650s are protected panasonic and LG cells.

Would the samsung 30q be brighter?

The HG2 is probably one of the hottest sellers on Ebay right now...

LOL! I guess I did get a little stuck on drag racing batteries...cute.

Depends on your flashlight. For most flashlights, the answer would be no.

You only need high drain batteries such as the 30Q for high-powered flashlights (especially direct drive models), such as the BLF A6 or Kronos X5 & X6.

Most people don’t know how many amps their flashlights draw. So, I’d suggest this rule-of-thumb based on lumens: if your flashlight is a single cell 18650 flashlight putting out a 1000 lumens or less, then you won’t notice any difference in brightness when using high drain batteries.

How about single 18650 cells with solder tabs — any good recommendations?
Not for flashlights; I have several little USB ‘power bank’ gadgets from the early years — one cell — that no longer hold charge longer than overnight.
The cells have to be degraded at this point.
But they’re very handy to have as portable power for the cell phone, etc.

Ok, so I got my Samsung 30Q from Riches store a couple days ago. Tested it the same way against my lovely high drain LG HG2’s, the verdict is, 30Q drains 8.46amps while my HG2 delivers 8.26. New winner, looks like the 30Q wins the high drain contest. Off to buy dozens of them, there cheaper than HG2’s right now I think, unless its too late already.

Just to let everyone know, LG HG2’s are BOGO from Xtar direct through Monday 2/15

Please note that they are priced at twice the price of most sellers to begin with. - Not a Deal and Not a Ripoff.

Great cells though!

Just sayin,…

-Chuck

My HE2 out performs both the hg2 and 30q.
Runner up is button top 35 amp purple efest.
For some weird reason, the button tops do better than the flat tops.

Planning to use it in your BLF Kronos X6 and X5? For the 18650, I can’t fault everyone else’s recommendations. The 14500, you might want to consider Trustfire IMRs from FastTech.

In a simple lux test via ceiling bounce, I found the Trustfires had the same output as my LG MH1 cells. So if you don’t need 10 Windyfire cells, you can buy yourself two pairs for nearly the same price per cell as the Windyfire.

The shipping time took around 3 weeks to get to Australia.

edit: for comparison, I also tried my other 14500 cells, Sanyo UR14500P and Trustfire (black). The Trustfire IMR outperformed them both.

Rod911: Trustfire IMRs ordered. I have also ordered two 30Q and two HG2 batteries.

Hope TrustFire IMRs will do. I have not got my Windyfires yet, so don’t know how good they are, but got 4 x XTAR IMR and they work very well. And you will like the 30Q and HG2.

thank you

Where’s the best/safest place to get these batteries ? I’d never buy batteries from eBay or aliexpresss!

Mountain electronics, Illumn.com, LIionwholesale.com all are solid, known-good, trustworthy. If you can wait (and are in a place they ship to) GearBest is good.

Add Sony VTC6 to the 'good 18650' list.

That’s what I am using for my high drain flashlights as well.

Bob

careful, i bought some sony VTC6, they look very… real
but they are just bunch samsung 25R rewrapped

The e-cigarette community tests a lot of batteries since they require more amps than we do on flashlight but with short burst.

You can check this blog

here are some of the result taken from that blog which he tested each to check manufacture claim
I do not take credit i just repost it here for easier reading, for more info please visit the blog i mentioned.

pkcell 14500
looking good in basic testing.

I had a mis-labelled lipo from them that puffed so big i thought it was going to blow when i took it outof my sons boat. dangerous……
I couldnt imagine these are a legitimate claimed mah rating.

http://www.gearbest.com/chargers-batteries/pp_22303.html

If they were they would soon be out of stock!

in most cases fire in the name=garbage.
surefire is good and some here like windyfire.
18650 over 3600mah=bravo sierra.