What Is The Best 18650 Flashlight Of 2016 ?

I think the best 18650 flashlight of 2016, or maybe ever so far, will be released in a group buy very soon. It even comes with a bonus 14500 flashlight to go with it.

well…as every year,its a race for what? well,for another brighter one:))))))))))

We’re not even through the first month of 2016… hard to say what the best flashlight is/will be. Come back and ask in 10-11 months.

At this point, I’m really really excited for the 2nd run of BLF-348’s with the Nichia 219B. I’m also eyeballing a Small Sun ZY-T08 which looks like a Fenix TK35 clone, and the Courui D01. Both lights that lend themselves well to modding.

I haven’t been “wowed” by a handheld flashlight in a very long time.

YOU ARE RIGHT.to talk in january for the best 2016 flashlite is of course stupid.we will see…but this thread will be sure alive.i hope so:))

Yeah! Hopefully 2016 will bring us pleasant surprises in the world of flashlights. :smiley:

Do you agree that BLF X6/X5 is the best pair of flashlights for January 2016 ?

isnt those lights very bad quality ? and 1000lumens isnt that a lie too its like max 500 maybe or ?

The jury is still out. Members have only just started receiving these flashlights. It’s not yet clear whether QA/QC issues will plague this flashlight, like the A6. And initial reports on output performance are mixed, not as high as expected.

In the long run, I expect that manufacturing defects will be satisfactorily addressed and tips and/or mods will be devised to restore performance back up to its former flagship status.

These are rather delicate. The usual fail begins with pushing too hard; insert the plug gently and try different cables if you need to- for charging they are all wired appropriately. The solder connections are tiny and often the body is only soldered on one side. If there’s a big enough mounting pad, solder the other side too. These can wear out and that is usually a small tab which contacts the outer shield which can be bent back into place. If it will fit, scavenging a port from an old cell phone will get you a high quality part; cheap ones fail a lot faster. Tiny little beggars to work with (watch for solder bridging) but they can be repaired/replaced. Getting the board out of the light may prove to be the biggest issue.

Phil

To me BLF X6 SE V2 copper one sounds cool just because it seems like its rare to see them maybe copper models are less of a bargain from a purely functional perspective, but they’re a good deal for what they are.

In the last year’s offerings of 18650 lights, the one which made the largest improvement in it’s class was the Manker BLF A6 which even ‘competing’ forum members came over here to order through the GB. The Astrolux S1 is the same light but with the shorter battery tube included and at a slightly better price.

From moonlight to mad-bright in one light, designed by Flashaholics combining their talents and built by a manufacturer who cares to make good products. IMHO the clear winner.

Phil

Another good contender Astrolux S1 3D 18650

Review: Review: Astrolux S1 3D Flashlight

We are almost midyear , propose your best flashlight winners for this half-year! :smiley:

Manker Quinlan U11.

Hmm I SO hope it will be the Q8
:slight_smile:

Eagle Eye X5R is a good tube style light with built in recharging… My review is in my signature link, along with my U11 review….

For this half year? :smiley:

Still liking my X6 as a good general purpose light and its many features. Also impressed by the trusty Convoy C8, really hard to beat that quality/price ratio :+1:

7 months before 2016 is over.

There are still some days left in 2016. So the idea here is a fun excersize where folks chime in stating what they feel was the best light of the year.

Acebeam K70. Because:

I bought it on a whim, just to expand my collection beyond my main area of interest, and I was was surprised at how quickly and deeply I became charmed by its capabilities.

And, because TN42 and Acebeam X65 may possibly be too new for year 2016 Best Of category.