What is the best thrower LED currently?

Currently what is the best throwing LED for flashlight purposes?

It depends. If lux is all you care about, Osram SYNIOS P2720 DMLQ31.SG.
If you want high lux and high lumen, Luminus CFT-90.

Also depends how much you are willing to do to build a light with it.
Both of the ones Argo listed do require more specialized work, but are top of the line.

Most common ones would be……

• de-domed xp-g2, preferably older stock. They changed their manufacturing some on the newer ones.

*xpl-hi, another standard 3V led, works with common components as well. Probably the most common right now.
-Very easy to find, even some stock lights come with these. A decent “go to” if you cant find dd-xp-g2, or want to trade a bit more lumens for throw. Also a bit more efficient.
>>XP-L HI 1A V2 LED Output test by Texas_Ace, Well, you have seen the HD, this is the HI. It is exactly what you expect.

*xhp-35 variants. standard, HD, and Hi versions, each have a bit different benefits.

There are probably beam shots of most light and led combinations you can think of somewhere on BLF.

Thanks guys, i already have a Xsearchervn with a dedomed XM-L2(i think, may be a XP-G2, cant remember got it 3-4 years ago) so am looking more into the exotic or specialty LED’s to make as large an improvement as possible over what i already have. Ill look at those Osram and Luminus options.

DLMQ31.SG and DMLN31.SG are the top two.
Me and kof3 are getting some mixed results on which one is at the top, but both are hitting over 300cd/mm^2.
The next best is the black flat at about 250cd/mm^2, significantly less.

If you’re into aspheric throwers, take a look at Wavien collars.

What is the latest on best LED for throwers?
Maximum lux: CULNM1 Boost HL
High lux and high lumen: SBT90.2

What is the maximum sustainable cd/mm2 for each, and how does LEP compare to this?