What is your favourite light at the moment?

the next one.

Is it just me or does it always seem that it’s the next one that’s a favorite? Even if only for a little while till, yet again, the NEXT ONE comes… :wink:

I forgot to mention my favorite headlamp. It’s the Armytek Wizard Pro v3 XHP50. I use it almost every day working in my home office / electronics shop.

I love my wizard, and 1/2 tempted to buy the newer version. Warm white goodness!

Right now, probably the S2+ I built with a XP-L HI V2 3D tint w/ SMO reflector bypassed springs on Bistro.

Where can I buy SMO reflectors for the S2+?

Nitecore MH20W. Hope next version Nitecore will use Nichia 219C.

In the Convoy AliExpress store when it opens after the :

Spring Festival holiday time:

January 11, 2017 to February 15, 2017

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/20-12mm-SMO-reflector-with-XPL-gasket-for-Convoy-S2-S3/32728224955.html

Or if you’re picking up anything from BG, you can also get them there.

http://m.banggood.com/20x12mm-Flashlight-Smooth-Reflector-For-Convoy-S2S3-With-XPL-Gasket-p-1088827.html

Great, Thanks

Sunwayman v20c. Great light as a bedside lamp.

Several lights with amber/orange LEDs and mode-memory drivers, which I carry set on strobe when walking in the neighborhood, any time I step into a crosswalk.
Even if I don’t see a car coming — because one can pull out of a driveway or come around a corner going fast, faster than I can fiddle with the flashlight button/interface settings.

They’re invaluable making sure drivers see me in the crosswalks. I get congratulations from drivers for being easy to see.

Now, how do I make sure the coming robot-driven cars will notice me? Is there an algorithm for detecting people carrying LED lights?

Eagle Eye X2R. I’ve bought a couple as gifts for friends and of course, I had to try them out as you don’t want to give things that don’t work.

I’m impressed with the USB charger. These folks don’t have Li-ion chargers and don’t want to mess about with batteries and chargers. The lights charge to about 4.18V according to my meters. The light is enough but at 1.4A max they don’t get hot. They are nicely made as well and quite cheap - I found a discount code for Gearbest

The light I normally grab is a Convoy M1, which I think is a better light, but there’s something about these tube lights which is fascinating and they are just that bit more pocketable than the M1. I’ll miss them when they are gone.

I don’t need USB charging, and it has problems in reducing the extent to which the light is water resistant, but I think for a lot of people it’s an incredible feature. I think I might get a Convoy S2+ or maybe an Eagle Eye tube light on the strength of this.

My Hellfighter, cause it looks sick :stuck_out_tongue:

Noctigon M43 Nichia 5000K 80+ CRI programmed to UI3. I have it programmed to moonlight, medium, and high. Very easy to double click thru the levels and turbo is always just a switch hold away. I’m impressed with the light quality and quantity. And the lighted switch makes a nice glow in the middle of the night on the nightstand.

the CuTool w N219b in the middle, bumped the CuWorm w N219b on the right

in my pocket, a lego of CuTool head to Maratac body

Faves?

Off-the-rack: UF DV-S9, TF VG10, BLF348-219, XTAR WK50, JB Jet-I and Jet-II, my 3buk MicroStore “bobofett” light.

DIY: XP-E2 4300K C8 clone, XP-L ~5000K WF-502b (EDC).

Most UIs just piss me off, so there are very few off-the-rack lights I even carry anymore, let alone consider a “fave”.

Would love to make the DV-S9 and VG10 a bit warmer, like 4500K-5000K. That’d make ’em pretty much perfect.

Right now it is MR Bulks Chameleon with an upgraded led, XPL hi . Output is just approx 500 lumens, it can take 123 or extended body and run 18650.

I love my DQG Tiny 4 18650
Triple Nichia NVSL219AT (from FT)
Very warm light

Convoy M1 XM-L2 on Sinkpad. Stock driver boosted to 3,5A with two 7135s and Biscotti firmware. With green lighted tailcap

walkers, cyclists, and slow traffic will eventually be killed
:slight_smile:
wle