What is your FICO score?

I don’t think I have ever checked my credit score. I’m sure they did when I bought houses over the years but I never asked or cared. I pay cash for most everything but try as I may I still haven’t saved to pay for a house up front. I don’t have a mortgage or any car payments now. I don’t use credit cards. So I imagine my score wouldn’t be as good as those who play the credit game. I’m also sure I wouldn’t have a problem with a loan if the need ever arises, and if I get to the point of needing one the interest rate will be the least of my worries.

That’s nice. Good luck on your investment.

So you used to do option trading?

Yeah, especially with AMD.

Holy crap was I happy when the stock price of AMD reached 14$US.

I bought at 2,01$US.

It’s now at around 20$US.

I’m currently waiting for the announcement of Zen 2, so not only can I get a new 8-16 core CPU on a regular desktop mobo, but also some even better return on investment.

Naw, just a handful of buy’n’hold stox.

Back then each transaction was quite pricey, so that encouraged buy’n’hold, to not be nibbled to death by cats.

That’s like 980% gains as now. Good job. I am current holding square, and Boeing stocks.

True… I don’t want to get into option trading… you have to time the market correctly… buy and hold long term.

A good bit of wisdom is to not worry about making all the “right” decisions, just don’t make any wrong ones.

You could daytrade out the wazoo to make spectacular short-term gains, nibbling your way upward and upward, but one wrong move and you can undo all those gains in one shot.

Trying to “time the market” is a very easy way to do just that.

I heard 90% of day traders failed…

I am doing a 5 year or longer investment… and add more shares every month…

My wife and I are both retired and in our 60s and have our entire 401k portfolio invested in stocks. Historically stocks offer the best long term return so that’s why we put the money there. Definitely not the strategy for most but we don’t need the money for retirement and when we pass away the stocks and property in our estate gets stepped-up so our kids benefit from that whenever they decide to sell.

We’re not smart enough to day trade or time the market so we take the long term view on stocks. The best time to buy is when the market is crashing :money_mouth_face:

With regards to the OP the Citbank FICO is just one of several models that provide a FICO. Depending on which model is used the score could be higher or lower.

My FICO score is not very impressive...

I only use one of my credit cards, and I usually pay it off in total before the due date.

I don't have any other debts.

EDIT:

Here's my FICO score history.

It's been stuck at 772 for a while.

I don't know why...

I did a little research.

Although my score could be better, it is considered Very Good.

“The best time to buy is when there’s blood in the streets.”
— Baron Rothschild

Yep, definitely czech out those Highya articles…

True … if you are a long term investor, it doesn’t matter much… you just need to pick the right stocks.

And a score of 847 must be the number of flashlights he owns.

I’m glad there’s a limit of 850.

850 flashlights’ worth is the critical mass of lithium. Once he hits 850, they all explode.

OK guys, I need your help in this matter. I pay off full amount every time. I never carry a balance over to next billing cycle. Meaning when I get statement I pay in full. This had been going on for 15 years. What should be my FICO score? Typically? Thanks.

My dad had horrible a credit score because he payed off his house 20 years ago, pays cash for his vehicles and hasn’t used credit card in 10 years. He had open up a credit card, carry a balance and make payments on that balance for a year or so to build up a rating.

:weary:

My wife and I do the same and our fico has ranged from 790 to 840 over the past 10 years or so. Probably depends on the fico model being used and who knows what else they consider in the models. But in the end anything 760 or over are basically the same with regards to credit pricing.

There is a lot more that goes into the calculation of your FICO score than just credit card payments.