What is your most expensive light ?

Fenix TK70

I paid $172.50 I believe it was and that counted the shipping from Shane.

It’s probably my favorite light.

4” 35w HID that’s very similar to http://www.batteryjunction.com/titanium-l35.html for ~$100 on ebay. Pretty nice to use, and IMO the best form factor for that type of light (the alum hid’s are kind of unweildy), but I don’t use throwers much so it’s kind of a showpiece.

An incandescent Surefire E2D. $109 if I remember correctly. I seem to recall my wife and sons giving it to me for Christmas 10 or so years ago. Aside from the pocket clip being upside down (IMHO), the form factor is darn near perfect. Function wise, however, is is outdated and almost never used any more. Someday, I would like to put an LED in there and get rid of/mod the clip. Until that day, the Solarforce will still be my goto light.

SF L2P ($20)+UF P60 drop-in from MF ($16)=$36 (plus shipping… 2 bucks maybe?)
Well, it’s P60 :smiley: Good host, good drop-in (CW and noticeable PWM though, but it’s L-M-H without disco :stuck_out_tongue: )
There are better lights for that price (similar size and style, of course. I wouldn’t compare it with HD2010 :bigsmile: )

……

Speaking only of flashlights, my spendiest one would have to be my 6xXML Mag build. If memory serves, parts alone were over $220....but man, what a light! It's my vehicle light, and doesn't get used as often as it should, but I do take it out to play/show off every now and then. (3.3a to each xml = BMF!)

My most expensive is the SWM v10r-ti with custom tritium switch,tipped the scales at $210.It's not something I usually do but I wanted the ultimate edc and this was it.The v10r is capable of using AA,rcr123 andcr123,very versatile and the magnet control ring is awesome,no flashy crap either.I may mod this to xp-g2 soon,not an easy task but I like a challenge.

I have a Fenix TK-40 I bought for about $150 back in the summer of 2010. That was a spur-of-the-moment purchase only because our local military surplus happened to carry Fenix flashlights. The guy knew what he was doing because he saw my eyes light up when I saw it so of course he pulls it out of the case, puts batteries in it then hands it over to me.

I hear they have Surefire torches now but I haven't been in there since I bought the TK-40.

Actually, until I recently sold it my most expensive would have been a 10W HID dive light at around $300 including battery pack.

Now my MC-E Chinese dive light at $99 would be the most expensive…for practical purposes however it would still be the H51f.

Purchased an Olight M21-X Warrior once for about 100 bucks. It was certainly a sexy looking light, felt good in the hand, and came with a bunch of useful accessories, but ultimately I was underwhelmed by it’s performance and sold it shortly afterwards. I’m certainly not opposed to breaking out of the budget price bracket, but I honestly do not see the point. I’d much rather have 2 or 3 Solarforce hosts with some decent drop-ins for that sort of cash.

I have a few lights with a total investment after mods of around $80. (JM05, V9) Both are extraordinary flashlights. I think the most expensive initial purchase was the UltraFire UF-T60. ($85) Great light but I was expecting more.

As I posted a few weeks ago, the costliest light to assemble I have is an L2M. The host, A001 head, Foybezel (those ain't cheap) and IO module is about $90. Crazy money for a small light. Good thing I'm in good with a big shot at Foybezel®.

thebrassFoy

Sky Ray King (original version) most recently at $80 something and then the Fenix TK11 at $83 back in early 2010. I’ve never really cared for the TK11 and the King I find I can’t use without the case (which I didn’t order), so it is pretty much a shelf queen (or, uh, King!) I may sell both.

i payed around 63-64 shipped for my jetbeam bc40

Based on original cost (and excluding batts+charger) it’s probably a toss up between a TF T6 (similar to an oversized 2 cell C8) and Erik’s modded 2100. Both were just about $30 shipped. I’m pretty cheap and don’t see myself buying something more expensive - except possibly a big reflector thrower at a steal if one magically appears in my path.

Like the C8 in XML, the T6 is a nice balance of flood and throw for outdoors. It’s still pretty much my favorite light for quickly finding out what is going on when I step out of the house or truck, and it has good run time to depend on. Really no dislikes - it opened my eyes to current light tech.

The 2100 is my EDC. The mid levels are used more than the high and firefly, but I love have such a huge range of turbo brightness down to emergency and courtesy ultra low. Not a dislike, but it would be awesome to have FTT without being larger. Dislikes - cheap oem switch.

I give away lights that are not my favorites for what they are/do. And also sometimes those that are my favorites because they fit a family member’s need, giving me a chance to buy something else (or another - still want another Ti).

Good new thread!

It would be the Olight SR90 I had, it was a great price with an extra battery for $365.00 from The Pro-Tactical Shop.

TK41, still one of my favorites, although if it wasn’t for the fact that the TK takes AA batteries, I’d be just as partial to the HD2010.

My most expensive light has to be my MagCharger. I bought it a good number of years ago when LED’s were not really an option (not in the UK at least).

Can’t recall what I paid for it, I did get discount as I bought it from where I worked at the time, but I think it was still the best part of £70.

It’s still good today tbh, chunky as are all D series MagLites, but even with the stock bulb and NiCd battery it still manages to put out some good usable light and pretty decent throw.

There are two candidates in my collection. There is the XTAR S-1 and the Skilhunt DT-20 Night Owl. Despite the S-1 is maybe the better buy compared by weight, the Night Owl is it for the build quality and the unique look. If I would be in financial trouble and had the choice, I would rather keep the Night Owl and sell the S-1. The candidate for the least bang-for-the-buck, is the SWM V10A titanium edition: By far the most expensive I have, compared by weight for the money. :bigsmile:

My m3x triton……. i love this thing!!! :bigsmile:

HD-2010. The amount I've spent on drivers , LED's copper, aluminium, etc I could of bought a $120.00 + stock flashlight.