What kind of flashlight you would like to be made?

If it does make also coffee i want one too!

I'd like to have a compact triple XM-L light with triple 18650 side by side, designed similar to this thing.

Or 1*SST90 instead of 3*XML.

I'd really like to see a light with something like this as the body, so much better than a plastic holder.

That screwed into a head containing a few XM-L's would be rather impressive :)

(Picture stolen from here)

<AOL>+100 billion! Me too!</AOL>

i wish one sipik sk-68 but powered with 18650 with better aspherical lens and with better tailcap

something like this

but with aspherical lens flood to throw and powered with 18650

So im not the only one that likes fatty short big torches!

M60R sst-50 with 2x18650 - Magnetic ring control, 0-13-180-800-strobe. This torch feels really good in the hand, and is easy to operate, even single handed. http://www.sunwayman.com/html/products/201008/36.html

Neofab Legion II sst-50 with 3x 18650 - Magnetic left/right (like the +/- button suggested before but in a left/right ring instead). Has a unique UI which I like. Torch has more weight to it, very solid feel. Beautiful heatsink, I just LOVE the functional form. Other than a few lights (4sevens, sr-50/90), I have not seen a torch with a heatsink that actually qualifies as a real heatsink. http://sunriseinfo.us/reviews/legion/

M3C4 XML - Real thrower, also magnetic ring control. Has hidden strobe mode (nice!). Looks are alright, little too busy for my liking. http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=306590&page=1

TK-35 - Such a pretty head, fenix's attempt at "tacticool" but its far from tactical, Thats why I love it, its soo simple and elegant. Unfortunately its not a real thrower and like the Legion, has doughnuts for breakfast lunch and dinner. http://www.fenixlight.com/viewnproduct.asp?id=86

So can we see a Budget light version of these? Wonder what UI will be best...

> 2AA side by side

I'm still using an old one with a Dorcy PR2 LED in it. I sure wish more were made in that form.

An 800 lumen XML like a Solarforce L2P with P-60 drop in capability and a 1 million volt stun gun in the head.

a bigger reflector head for an 'ebay' HID

Like everyone else I suspect:

A pocketable light that can throw forever, produce about a million lumens and light up a stadium.

And run on carbon-zinc AAs forever.

Made of pure unobtainium - or platinum

And cost less than $15

In the real world, a zoomie that I can live with. Not found one yet.

BIG headed (100MM reflector minimum) light using a properly (over) driven Luminus SSM-80 and powered by 4 or 8 32650 cells.

Shaped like the big old incandescent flashlights with a carrying handle and an adjustable front "leg" that you could sit on the ground and adjust the angle of light with.

For that an 8 mode driver with memory that goes something like 1%, 3%, 9%, 18%, 36%, 54%, 72%, 100% and has a hidden strobe mode that you access by soft pressing the switch (located on the handle where your thumb rests of course, not on the rear end) 3 times within a second. The strobe must be of the insta-spew type that makes you sick even if you are the one using the ligth!

Pack that with good heatsinking and a price below 180 USD and I'll bite ;-)

Oh BTW: It must be possible to disassemble it completely without tools.

It must NOT come with a build in charger!. In fact it must NOT have a charging plug on the body! (Or the handle or the feet or anywhere at all!)

It must not be sold in a package with no-name brand 32650 batteries.

It has to stand very solid on its feet. No wobble! No tilting. The feet must stay in the EXACT position that I put them in. In fact they have to be so secure that I can press them into soft ground and they will hold the EXACT same angle that I put them in to begin with.

It has to be a very well balanced light when held in the handle! Not front heavy nor back heavy. With a handle solid enough that it gives the user the confidence to knock in nails with it. The handle must be attached to the light in a rock solid way.

It HAS TO HAVE a double coated front lens <1,5% loss.

QUESTION TO OP: Do you think I am being too specific here? :-)

Threads dead !

Funny however, this plea was heard... SkyRay King

I wonder if I've ever suggested more multi-AA side-by-side lights? haha

Seriously though.. that's what I want.

Also, I'm kind of into the 'multi-LED powered by 1 x 26650' concept.

I think some of you experienced modders here (you know who you are ;) ) need to just quit your day job and start a flashlight company so we can make these dreams reality

A 1x AA XML Neutral light with a 5mm milled slot for 1x tritium vial. memory mode and orange peel reflector

4 light levels with head tightened - 2, 10, 60 and max lumen (around 100+? as much as an alkaline can support)

3 strobe modes with head loosened - 0.1Hz beacon, 1Hz beacon and SOS, all at max output with beacon flashing for only 5 to 10ms per flash

A solid copper single 26650 side switch single XML with deep reflector. MCU-C88 size. The head is a solid piece incorporating the heatsink and a pedestal for the emitter to mount to (ie no star). This would be amazing for heatsinking and the LED could be driven hard for extended periods. Plus copper just looks cool.

This is a vexed question for me, since it would take so little to make me so happy, yet it just doesn't seem to be available. CocoMonGo above seems to be on a similar wavelength, and we can't be the only ones.

Decent build, brightness, waterproofing and reasonable fit/finish go without saying.

1) AA flashlight with good balance between flood and throw.
2) 14500 compatible.
3) Optional extension tube for 2 X AA use
4) Effective anti-roll collar that's not too obtrusive (like a smaller 504b, maybe)
5) Solid tailstand
6) Three well spaced output modes. Two would do if it kept cost down.
7) Useful blinkies, preferably hidden. Two strobes, fast for 'tactical', slow for cycling. Beacon and/or SOS optional.
8/ Removable pocket clip that isn't too stiff to be of use!

I could tweak this list ad infinitum, of course, but I don't want to be greedy. The above would, as I say, make me very happy. Hard to believe it doesn't exist, but I've yet to find such a torch. Many come close-ish but none get the cigar. Unless you know of one??

I missed out on the tail stand bit, as well as the anti roll. # 3 and 8 is nice additions for me. :bigsmile:

A proper flood to throw zooming XML driven well. something that will throw a long distance and flood a whole room. The ones on the market right now dont throw far enough. probably asking too much, i know its hard to get the xml to zoom with a tight beam.

Id love to have super effiecient single AA flashlight with 300Lm able to run for 2-3h on max as well as really low-low mode with Zebralight versatility and small size.

I guess next generation Zebralights or the one after it, 2013 maybe?

Oh, and it should be BUILT TO LAST! And not break down within year or two, no way!