What knife did you get today?

I got this yesterday...

Leatherman Wave!

Hey you finally got it ! Enjoy :smiley:

They ate expensive, but well worth it

Wenger Ranger 68, brand new (discontinued model since Victorinox bought Wenger a few years back)

Which brand do you prefer Wenger or Victorinox?
I only have Victorinox SAKs but I always wanted to try a Wenger because of the different blade style.

I’m not a longtime knife enthusiast, only got bitten by the bug a few years ago, so I have used primarily Victorinox.

I really like the overall look and feel of some older Ranger models, like this one :

I’ve always wanted a hammer forged Japanese Chef’s knife. Finally got one. 210mm Gyuto, hand made in Echizen Japan. 3 layers of steel. Hair splitting razor sharp.

nice knife :smiley: where did you buy it I would like to have one too :partying_face:

They have a good waiting list system if you see something you like thats sold out, which many are. CKTG also has a sharpening service. All of these knives come sharp, but if you want it perfect, you can add the sharpening service to your cart. The Japanese artisans figure if you are purchasing one of these, you already know how to sharpen it. All I had to do was spend 10 minutes on a leather strop with fine compound to get it razor sharp.

thanks for the link …they are not cheap :open_mouth:

No they’re not cheap. I have a big heavy Henckel chef’s knife. (which wasn’t cheap either) This has much better balance and almost feels like an extension of your arm.

They are made one by one, and you can see the heart and sole that goes into making it. Wrapped in their local newspaper, almost makes you feel like you’re part of the family once you own one.

Microtech OTF ultratech single edge. Stonewash.

Got a blue Victorinox Farmer today, bought on Ebay. I only once had a SAK with saw and I lost it many years ago. Many knives later I now wanted back the saw because I miss it regularly. The Farmer has what I need and has the saw. I found a nice blue one, probably old stock but brand new, it has some flower logo on the blade but that is ok with me :slight_smile:

Is a paper knife (aka letter opener) a knife? Did I “get” it?

Donno. And no, I made it, just finished it today.

Taking pics is more difficult to me though :frowning:

Looks nice! What steel is it, Damascus? Got more pics? :slight_smile: :+1:

+1 on this. Love the look of your knife.

That’s very neat! Kinda spendy but neat.

It looks like carbon fiber to me.

Tally-ho: 100 points!

It’s carbon fiber indeed.

Pretty neat little design. I like it.

I have even found a coupon code for this which gives a rebate of 30 %: IG308