What LED to use in the BLF GT Giga Thrower (please read first post before voting)

Sure! Call it done! :crown:

Is it possible to find XHP35 top bin in 5700 to 6000K, because the CW in TN42 looks so blue,at least on video…

BTW put me on the list, I am starting to save money from today :money_mouth_face:

Tints will be discussed later but it will not be super cool, there will of course be a neutral white option if not the only option. That will be figured out later.

But that adds to the laser beam effect. Also power must not be wasted, even 1% will make a lot of difference.

XHP35 + XHP35 and can live with XP-L + XP-L and can live with XHP35

93 + 12 +13 = 118
118 / 128 total = 0.92

Over 90% of people would be satisfied with an XHP-35 HI :slight_smile:
Looks great.

Haven’t been around lately. Where can I find the W2 binned emitters? Running a V6 in the build below. Where is the 120mm reflector coming from?

[quote=XHP35hi + XPL but can live with XHP35hi
101 + 11 = 112
Can we call it decided?
[/quote]

“Yes, we can” :smiley: :wink: (famous quote)

Grtz
Nico

Would you please repeat this in the GT thread? I update thelist not every time somebody says they want on it, so i work from the last entry down the thread, another thread i might forget :slight_smile:

Yes it seems clear: earlier

now
XHP35hi
94 + 13 = 107

XPL Hi
5 + 13 = 18

XHP35hi + XPL but can live with XHP35hi
107 + 13 = 120

XPL Hi + XHP35hi but can live with XPL Hi
18 + 13 = 31

XHP35 HI get’s my vote hands down…… :wink:

:+1:

XHP35hi it is, thanks for voting!
next… :slight_smile:

:+1:

Why not xhp50 with a bigger reflector?

Because the reflector is already HUGE and nobody wants something at big as a basketball.
XHP50 also has less intensity.

My thoughts exactly

Baaa-haaaaa………… :partying_face:

XHP35hi. OL honorary light ? Yes.

I would love the use of the XHP35 HI. I don´t know it it exist but 5700K would be great.

I’ a newbie at all this flashlight talk, but I was just wondering, is Cree, coming out with a second generation XHP35-HI? Just like the new XHP70.2? Would this new second generation XHP-35 have more power than the current one? And would you consider using the new LED for this project? I would definitely like to see a flashlight that can throw far, but that it can also output more lumens. To me, there is no point in having a flashlight that can throw far, but that you can barely see the light because it hardly puts out lumens.

I don’t know whether they are coming out with a XHP35.2 . If they did it would most likely come with a slight output/efficiency boost. The current XHP35 already does ~2500lm at the level the GT is pushing it at. That is a considerable amount of light, especially considering how focused the beam is. The aim of the GT is max throw, so most of the light is focused into the hot spot, and there isn’t much light in the spill.