What light would you be comfortable using like a hammer?

He also wants to know which laptop makes the best shovel. I asked if he wanted to shovel snow or earth and he said both so make your suggestions with that in mind. I was thinking something with a large screen for snow.

You know , a Kindle makes an excellent ping-pong paddle in a pinch ...

I’d suggest a Motorola Razr for the ice scrapper, and an Asus NX90JQ-A1 for a shovel.

Who would want to subject their sacred torches to this treatment, whats the matter with using a rock.

this, yes

Phone as a hammer will save your flashlight!

Lennart

Pelican 8060led or that 511 quick charge light may handle his uses, he’d be better off buying a small light and getting what they call the Journeymans mallet, fits in a coat, good for chiseling

I use this for finishing work with chisels, it’d work better than a maglite, takes less room and fits in a back pocket, or in a Carhertt side pocket.

If he’s batoning a piece of wood, then there’s wood with which to use as a baton.

There is zero reason to use a torch.

A Kel-Lite as a hammer?

Made like a tank: yes but, Kel-Lites often get bid to some pretty crazy prices. Old-chipped-beat up-ano-worn-off 2 or 3 D's regularly sell for $50-$100. About a year ago, in a moment of late-night stupidity I got into a bidding war with a guy on a 5C/baton with the spacer rod and thought I had it at $100. A minute before close, he and another guy (the owner perhaps?) ran that bad boy up over $200 and it hammered (get it, 'hammered?') at $250.

Sorry for the OT . . . . my vote is a 3D Mag and use the tail end.

wantsakellitebuttoopoFoy

Who makes the best Budget Flashlight?

samsung’s work well on very hard ice…if you can warm it up with a quick conversation even better

WTF? Why can’t I understand anything on this forum anymore? Is everyone speaking a new language or something? Is it just me?

The now-defunct Cold Steel Brute was a 7xAA light with quarter-inch wall thickness. Well-named, IMO, but approaching a c-note in used condition.

For newer offerings, the previously-mentioned Solarforce Gladiator is the “beefiest” torch in mass production of which I’m aware.

The Fenix E-21 is thick walled enough to take some abuse but it doesn’t have the mass of a D cell light.

Nobody has mentioned the TK70?

I think if you use the back of it it should actually handle the task. But I’d be worried about damaging the threads…
No, I’m not going to try it out.

That would be terrible to put Dings in such an awesome light, shame on you for thinking it :wink:

can someone do a video of a trustfire x100 smashing down brickwalls ? :slight_smile:

Sure if you send me yours :wink: and money for bricks LOL

Panasonic Toughbook’s are made for those kind of tasks… so if you don’t mind a quarter-digit pricetag, with first digit being not 1 and not even 2, then take a look at them :smiley:

This one is easy to answer. I would use any cheap light that I don’t care for very much.