What lights do I need in my collection?

My flashlights that I use live in my pocket, and side switches tend to turn on accidentally more frequently than tail switches.

Also, I just like tail switches more.

They're easier to find the switch, for one thing.

4A, why 4 leds?

does it do something better than 3?

i already don;t like 3, because the head has to be bigger than the body

wle

I found my most used flashlights have side switches, the Olight S2 is just useful on demand and the Moon R2 which i pocket carry as an EDC often has never activated itself (but it is egg shaped instead of stick shaped).

The D4V2 can be had with a raised switch ring to shield it from pocket activation. I am surprised you don’t get pocket activation with the FW3A. I find myself pressing the lens end thinking it is the switch sometimes :smiley: .

I do, but it's rare, especially compared to lights with side switches.

I glue washers to my side switch lights and also to the FW3A. Helps find the switch by feel and stops activations in the pocket. Someone around here made rings for his FW3A.

i never get pocket activation

what might happen, once a month, is if i use the clip to stay at the top of a pants pocket, i might hit the button when pushing the light down on the pocket edge

Guys, guys, guys. You are all going about this the wrong way. The flashahics most efficient method to build a flashlight collection is to start by buying every single flashlight, I mean every flashlight. Then selling the 2 or 3 that you don’t like.

As for cost, I mean do you really need that TV?

If I were to splurge and get a nice flashlight today, I would choose a D4V2 (like others have recommended) and get one with E21A LEDs and a lighted switch. The Nichia E21As are awesome if you like high CRI, but if you prefer more lumens, then choose other LEDs.

My budget is probably around $100 all in.
Of course if the rest of my lights from my sales thread sell :blush:

This does seem like an excellent all purpose light and is high on the contender list.

Well… Anduril Lights have their place, but, here is a reality check

Anduril lights are fun, if you enjoy multi clicking UIs that require reading a manual, you dont mind constantly watching out for false activations, dont mind burning holes in your pocket, and you like to memorize complicated clicky codes, similar to morse code.

otoh

I never get false activations with my Jetbeam RRT-01.
And I can control the ramping speed and choose the brightness very easily, and completely intuitively, just turn the dial at whatever speed I like. There is Zero Mental Processing required to use a Rotary UI.

I also do not need to read any manuals… and the light has zero accidental discharges, it never burns holes in pockets. And I dont have to multi click to lock it out, nor multi click to unlock.

For me D4V2 e21a it’s an almost perfect light. It’s compact, has a nice tint, hi CRI, great beam pattern and UI, and it’s pretty. The only drawback for me is that it lacks type-C charging port and I think it’s impossible to use a battery with build in charging port. But if you like a lumen monster, this version it’s not for you.
Recently I’ve got a Fenix e28r on deal intending to resell it, and maybe I will. The format it’s really nice, the beam pattern it’s versatile (hotspot with big spill), it can keep a good sustained output without getting too hot, and it has a type-C charging port with inner waterproofing treatment. BUT the tint it’s bad, mainly at lower levels it’s really green. Maybe I’ll keep it :blush: . For outside use on hi and turbo the tint gets ok. Also, things looks a little washed out, maybe due to lack off a hi CRI led.

Right now my top contenders are
https://sofirnlight.com/sp31-uv-flashlight-p0151-s0083.html
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1653/10002364/9709668
https://www.fasttech.com/products/1653/10002364/9708826

Maybe 2 out of 3.

If he is like me….all of them!!!

You definitely need a BLF X6, SRK, and SK-68. :smiley:

I have no idea how you did it, but I have over 200 flashlights, and somehow you named 3 flashlights I do not have. Now I am going to have to get 3 more…really? I rebuke thee!!! You could have said TN42, MF04, and TN42 V2….I have all those, but no, you say 3 I do not have. I already have my sights set on an Acebeam K75. I am scared to even check them out, a man could go bankrupt with this hobby.

Lights, knives, watches, lighters. Yep, all Man Things that make ya broke.

I sold an X6 and SK68.
The X6 was used twice, when purchased and to test before selling.
I have come to the realization that shelf queens take up space and cost money so are not worth it.

The SK68 was nothing special and i also rarely used it. My most used lights are my Moon RC2 and Olight S2.

I have no UV lights, is this one a good light if only buying one UV light for my collection?
https://sofirnlight.com/sp31-uv-flashlight-p0151-s0083.html
Is the sale price an actual deal or are there competitors who sell for this sale price as regular price?

Also are there different UV wavelengths and are there reasons to choose one wavelength over another?

FW is junk. Get something with Androol and a side switch.