What now after BTU ?

My brightest, though imo not most useful torch(SRK is to me) is a BTU Shocker, the dilema is now what next ?, I am thinking TK75, but any other thoughts would be appreciated, ideally a nice to handle light, I find the BTU a PITA as it is very front heavy, heavy anyway imo, can’t believe they didn’t make it take 26650, I didn’t think I’d ever say this but would like fast or ideally slow strobe, but with better run time also.
Any ideas welcome, thanks.
tabs

Any specific preferences apart from it being nice to handle?

Want more throw? More flood? More lumens?
Battery preference? Size preference?

I wasn’t very specific was I, sorry!!
More run time for sure needed, being a lard arse git it take me a while to walk where I go, defo don’t need more throw, prefer a wider beam, 18650 or better still 26650, I prefer the larger body ones like the old traditional 2D/3D cell lights, in an ideal world I’d have my CW SRK, with 50% better run time and a setting about 50% up from the low setting, brightest setting is awsome, lowest is just too low.
I’m buying some new cells anyway as mine have done over 500 charges easy, so think these are holding back a bit any way.
Thanks for reply, how’s the weather there, scorching here with 28-30C, can’t take it myself, like the cold!!
tabs

Hmm. That’s really tough. More spill and longer runtime and over 2200 lumens.

I guess the TK75 would tick those boxes. If you wanted more spill but were willing to sacrifice on runtime the Thrunite TN30 2nd gen (XML2) has I think 3300 lumens but only uses 3*18650.

However for 26650s I know some of the trust fire super long lights have really bright output. I forgot their names but they have like 9 XMLs and are very floody. Hopefully someone else can chime in here since I forgot the name.

The weather is quite nice in Melbourne at the moment, it being 0° right now (4:09am), and having a max of 11° is very nice. I do much prefer the cold to warmer weather.

4am I’m usually snoring merrily at that time ha ha!!
I think I am going to see a lot of youtube this week looking at beamshots, got me car to tax and get through mot test first though, and it needs mapping first on new ecu.
Thanks for input it is very much appreciated,
tabs

The J18 (7 LED) is a super flooder with some throw, running 3 26650's. With a KD or IOS driver upgrade, you can do 5,000 lumens on 3 TF 5000's. FastTech has been out of stock for a while on these though. It's relatively cheap and fairly light for it's size. Forget what it gets stock, but I believe about 3,500 lumens.

+1 on the Tk75. It is one of the floodiest light that either me or my brother own and has great throw to boot. We own between us, SRK BTU, TK75 , Terminator, SRKung & the SP03. The only one that might be as floody is the king or the Kung. We played with the bigger ones last week and the TK75 was the floodiest and second in throw only to the modded BTU, It is smaller than your BTU and much lighter and capable of even greater run time than it already gets with optional extension tubes. IMO it is the best all around power light that you can buy.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10005040/1395400-solarstorm-sp03-3cree-xm-l2-u2-4-mode-3020-lumen-w

With the discount it comes in at around $75. Run it with four good batteries and the run time is excellent. It’s not driven hard so it stays cool and doesn’t have any thermal sag at all. It’s as bright when you turn it off as it was when you turned it on. Three modes plus hidden strobe. It throws and it’s floody. It’s very close to as good as the TK75 for half the money. At first I didn’t care for the handle but it’s growing on me. It’s like a mini BTU with a handle. No it’s not as bright and it doesn’t throw as far. But it’s way better to carry around. It smokes the SRK in throw with almost identical run time yet it’s still a flooder. I suppose it could be driven harder, but then you would lose run time and it would probably heat up some. At first I thought this would come down in price but now I doubt it. It’s already been cloned and they are running the same price.

I sold my BTU for some of the same reasons you pointed out. I keep thinking I will buy another one but I kinda doubt that I will now. This one is much nicer to carry and it’s close enough for me in output. I might mod it someday but only if it’s a really easy mod that doesn’t change anything but make it a little brighter.

Thanks for input guys,
tabs

Check out the xtar s1 sale: XTAR S1 Group Buy Opportunity - Just $149 Shipped Worldwide!

2350 lm and magnetic switching.

Trustfire AK47 (9xT6), Trustfire AK48 (12xT6), Trustfire x100 (7xT6) all have more floody output, take 26650s and have the nice C size great feeling grip. J18 too, but its going to (I’m guessing) be a disappointment after BTU unless you upgrade like Tom E did. They are great hiking lights, just too heavy for some people.

18sixfifty, how to get the discount from Fasttech for the SP03? Thank you.

It’s BLF 5% on flashlights and some flashlight stuff.