What tailcap amps are you getting from your Manafont Ultrafire 3-mode XM-L?

1.85A is the highest I can get mine to register. My XP-G Palight pulls higher at the tailcap than the XM-L does. Strange.

Hmm, just got another from Manafont today. It is pulling 2.5A at the tailcap. Same SKU, same supplier.

That pic has to be compressed in width to make it square. The light looks way too compact than it really is. The pics on Manafont (just ordered one) don’t look any way near that squat. I sure do wish it looked like it does in your pic though because that would be super sweet!

Johnny

Yes, it's a 4-inch long light. Not nearly as big as an 18650 host, but not the thing above that looks to be 3" long.

Here is a better picture to put it in perspective.

504B on the left, Trustfire Z1, the Ultrafire mini P60 host, and a Solarforce L2

If you have an L2, imagine it ended at the spot there the tailcap meets the body (the place where the lanyard ring is). Yes, it's that small. ANd don't forget you have to take off the crenelated bezel if you still have that on your L2, to get an accurate gauge of how small the P60 mini host is.

It's the same length as an Ultrafire G10, it's actually shorter than a U-20.

Now I just have to find one of my dropins that is rated at 3.0v

Sorry about that I usually select 700x500 pixels, I don't know what I did when I loaded that picture.

Found a good P60 dropin that works wtih the WF501A.

It is an XP-G sold on solarforce-sales.com rated at .8-4.2 volts So it will work with CR123 and also the rechargeable Cr123's that get up to 3.7v. I checked and at the tailcap the 3-mode XP-G pulls .65A on high, .27A on mid, and .05A on low. So this light should not get too hot and should have decent runtime.

I'm sitting on a Manafont 3-mode XM-L dropin that is waiting for my WF501A host to arrive. Cant wait for this little pocket rocket to shine!

Johnny

Does the MF XM-L dropin work at 3v?

I just tested one it turns on with a cr123 but it's not very bright and it won't cycle through the modes, it works great with a 16340.

Mine lights up with a single CR123, but I'd say, subjectively, that high is the same as what medium looks like with a single 16340. It will also work with 2xAA lithium 1.5v lithium primaries. It will light up with 2xAA Alkalines, but isn't very bright. It will light up very dimly with 2xAA eneloops.

The fact that it's dim with 2xAA eneloops suggests that it might not have much longevity with a CR123 (or other solution that starts at 3v). If the CR123 voltage drops below 2.4 volts, you probably won't get much light.

Update: Mine will cycle through modes with a fresh CR123.

I like the XP-G with the single Cr123 short-bodies, simply because of runtime.

Even if the rechargeable works with the XM-L, at 880mA you are going to have a runtime of what, 20 minutes?

The XP-G should be about an hour and a half on high. The hotspot is the same brightness as my MF XM-L (using 18650), just a lot smaller hotspot with the XP-G.

Mine takes 3.8A from a trustfire flame and 5.2A from an IMR.

Mine pulls 3.15A in a Solarforce L2i and a Solarforce 18650