What thrower next?

Looking for suggestions on what thrower to get next. I’m not after ultimate lux, but more a useable wider beam.

I have the Small Sun ZY-T13 which I like. And I’ve got the Jacob A60 also. What would be a good budget step up over these? Looking for something that will be a noticeable step up to either of these. But would prefer not a pencil beam.

You may want to try a T08. It’s got a bit more spill than the T13 and more throw too.

Possibly a SP03 would work for you. Slightly better than SRK lumens, but a little better than the A60 throw. Kinda like a budget TK75. Just a little behind in its
performance, but about 1/2 the price.

DST?

If you want a noticeable step up and good spill Lustefire TK70 clone.

Lustefire K08 (pretty similar to Convoy L2) is also an option. Probably not a huge difference from your T13 though.

Both are dirt cheap at the moment..

A convoy L2 or the HD2010 would be nice.

A TN31 or a K40 is more expensive, but worth it in my opinion. :slight_smile:

+1

k40vn or hd2010

Thanks. What exactly is a DST? And do you have a link for the SP03?

The SP03 link -
http://www.fasttech.com/product/1395400-solarstorm-sp03-3cree-xm-l2-u2-4-mode-3020-lumen-w
As a note, the handle is removable.

Oh, just noticed you're in the UK, the Defiant Super Thrower is/was sold in the US and Canada. Originally $23.99, on clearance $12.00.

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/15309

You'd need someone to post you one. You want, I'll look for one. Most stores are sold out.

My still best thrower (for pure throw) is the Sky Ray STL-V2. It will easily outclass your T13 (and Jacobs because it is much brighter). I don’t know if you have this one, but if you don’t, it is a must-have. And don’t be fooled by the fact that it isn’t mentioned as much anymore around here because just like anywhere else, trends get started where it’s more common to mention certain lights over others. The STL-V2 is my go-to light. I put it in my back pocket of my work slacks when on the job and it is easy-carry. I love my SP03, but it’s not the same and can’t be cigar-gripped for quick distance lighting. It’s the only light I bought two years that excites me every time I use it like it was new.

The STL-V2 is irreplaceable because it will put light WITH AUTHORITY on any target within eyeshot. It hangs with a TN31 or K40 and will NOT give a pencil beam, but a fat, wide, super-useful beam. I’d never trade it and they are driven 3.5+ amps stock with 3 and 5 modes available on each to switch between. Trust me, get one!

I agree - the STL-V2 (also sold as Maxtoch SN6X-2) is an excellent light.

There is however now an upgrade on this from Maxtoch - their SN6X-2S. This is a little heavier at 400gms but output is well up too at 69-72k lux against the earlier STL-V2s 51k. Well made and presented light without spending too much.

Stl-V2 still brilliant - esp dedomed. We have a number running from 130-175k lux and they are superb hunters.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/MAXTOCH-SN6X-2S-usd59-50-free-shipping-S-for-Superb-Upgrade-SN6X-2-CREE-XM-L2/314381_955206794.html

This new maxtoch dedomed also round 160k - 180k with a tweak or two.