What to do with the mag lights??

I’ve got a 4 cell black and a 2 cell that’s blue with a leather Ford thing wrapped around it.

What to do? I figured instant mg-t2 conversion, but after watching an hour of OL videos it doesn’t even seem possible! All the custom parts!

Does anyone sell a kit to convert these things to quad xpls or mt-g2?

Any ideas?

The most important custom part is the led shelf/heatsink. For a MT-G2 build it is particularly difficult because you have to work it in the body and use a “tower” style led holder.

I went with the (easier) multi led path and used 4x XM-L2 with individual carclo optics in my 2D mag… check here

The Ledil rocket (50mm triple) looks cleaner than separate optics. A chunk of aluminum bar stock will do but it’s easier to have someone (either here or near your home) make one for you. The H22 sink is for single led application. Personally I would just make my own out of copper pipe. Even if I didn’t have a torch this kind of soldering can be done on the stove in a pie tin.

Depends on how much custom work and how much cost you want to run too.

Assuming these a D and not C cell, the 2D can be made into an MT-G2 quite easily and at moderate cost.

Cut the tail cap spring down and you can run 2x26650 in it. They rattle, but you could make a tube adapter from some water/plumbing pipe.

Then get this (double check the size, I think it’s the right one):
http://www.dx.com/p/52-8mm-41-5mm-aluminum-reflector-with-copper-base-for-ssc-p7-led-emitters-13803#.VG4e0fmsVyw

It should drop straight into a stock Mag head with no mods. The bezel will fit, but will leave an O-ring sized gap. If you want you can trim the reflector and/or head to make it fit perfect, but there is no need apart from visual looks.

Get an MT-G2:
http://intl-outdoor.com/led-mtg2-c-107_138.html

And wire it in direct drive.

Suspect this is the cheapest way to do it. Should be f’ing bright, but will get hot and with no modes, maybe nothing more than a play light. But will work.

Depending how hard you want to push the LED, there are various driver options, all would be easy to accommodate with this setup.

Any other MT-G2 build will be more custom and expensive IMO.

Same sort of thing would work for any other emitter, although you won’t be able direct drive the others off of 2xLi-ion due to the voltage, only the MT-G2.

As for the 4D. Same sort of options, but you could run many different battery setups. But it’s still going to be a big old tank of a light.

Running AA in series in 3xAA holders might be interesting, but that’s 12 AA’s in total. which just sounds like a lot and a lot to keep charged.

If you just want to make it a usable light, get a simple drop in like these:

Cheap and will make it a useful torch again.

What about the 2.87$ mod with a mr16 bulb…